w9 request

Lab6689

Hi

Has anyone gotten a w-9 request from lightspeed (GTM/Mysurvey) research? The email I received looks legit but I wanted to bounce it off the board before I go off and send them my SSN

Thanks!

Lab

Thanks that helped explain why I got one.

Now I just wish they would have given more time than Jan 22 to get it back to them... with the holiday probably will not make it

I got one as well. I was surprised because I thought I was under the $600 threshold, but apparently this year Kantar (who owns Lightspeed) decided to roll up all the earnings from both GTM and mysurvey (I'm a member of both) for W-9s. Together they put me over the threshold. First time they've ever done that to my knowledge.

With them they'll only contact you about it if you go over 600 in a year Jan. 1 through Dec. 31. They'll mail you a request in the mail as well. Oddly there is still no mention of this in the TOS page on their website, which also states we have no employer/employee relationship and are independent contractors in regards to them..

OO has cut it down to 500 and won't allow cash out past $499 until they receive the info..

Ipoll and its partner sites (Usamp or Instanly being the main company) still has no policy on taking any info from us no matter the amount.. I confirmed it again with them this past September.. I never get that much with them anyhow but it strikes me as odd them being a US company and having no policy on this like the others..