Yougov and how many accounts you can have

rosiesmom

My husband recently realized that on the days he is sitting around, he could do a survey now and then.  He asked me about the one I was doing at the time and it was for Yougov.  They have a referral thing going on right now and so I emailed and asked them about family members being referred in and was it legal for both of us to have an account.  I haven't heard from them yet.  It's been a few days now.  So I told him I would get on here and see if anyone knows.  I couldn't find it in all of the terms and conditions quickly.  Ugh. Any help would be appreciated.

My partner and I have both had accounts on YouGov for over a year and have never once had an issue with them so unless rules have changed since we signed up you should be good to go! :mrgreen:

One per email account. As long as he has a different email than yours, it shouldn't be a problem. They aren't that quick to respond to email inquiries. A few months back, I had an issue with not getting credits owed me on 2 surveys. This was important at that time, as those points would give me the total I needed to cash out. Well, after so many of my emails went unanswered, I finally sent one where I very politely told "Drew" that if there was a problem totaling my points, I'd be very happy to help by (immediately) sending the 250 "Snapshots" I had of every survey for the year, showing I completed them. As this would tie-up their server, and keep him busy deleting them from his email...for a week--you guessed it--I got a response right away!

• 2 months later...

Well, not sure how this is going to shake out, but my YouGov account has been red flagged because I might have duplicate accounts.  I had emailed them about my spouse joining and they never responded.  So now I have had to respond to this allegation.  I doubt I hear anything anytime soon.  Will let you know in case they give me a kick to the curb.