My Survey Getting Cheap on Us?

Whatatay

Just got some survey invitations from My Survey. They usually offer you 10 points (10 cents) for a 3 minute survey and if you qualify for a longer one, they will offer you 250 points ($2.50).

Today I took a short one for 10 points and it said I qualified for a longer 10 minute one, and it asked if I wanted to do that for another 10 points (10 cents for 10 minutes of work), I promptly told them "no". They they had one for 5 points and a longer one for another 10 which was supposed to take 8 minutes. I did that one and got it done in 3 minutes since that's all they were paying me for. Then I took one more for 10 points and it never gave me an opportunity for a longer one but this one lasted 10 minutes. So now instead of $2.50 we are worth 10 cents?

I used to get surveys pretty often and cash out every couple months with My survey but now it has been 3 or 4 months and I still don't have enough to cash out $10. Once I do, I am done with these cheap people.

I noticed that so I no longer respond to their invitations. If everyone starts declining these ridiculous "rewards" perhaps these companies will wise up.

i did one today for 300 points for 35 minutes...then i got another one that was 600 points for 55 minutes and figured it just wasnt worth my time, especailly because they usually have really boring and repetitive surveys. they're pretty low on my list but do send quite a bit of products to test so i stick with them because of that

Here is the reply I got when I asked them is they really expect people to take a ten minute survey for 10 cents.

" mysurvey.com Reward Points are earned by completing surveys. Surveys typically pay between 5-25 reward points, the longer the survey the more reward points you may earn. One point is the equivelent of $0.01 US dollars. Once you have earned 1,000 points ($10.00 US) you may redeem your reward points for cash, merchandise or charity donations."

So now they want to pay between and only as high as 25 cents per survey? Hahahahahaha!

Got another survey today for 10 points and they made it look like a screener. It turned out to be a regular survey and they tried to trick people because they only wanted to pay 10 points. Once I realized they were being cheap, I started giving bogus answers. You want to be cheap and stop paying an honest wage for an honest survey, that's fine. But don't start trying to scam people by making it look like it is a 3 minute screener when it is an actual survey.

If you find yourself in this situation, it may be better to finish the survey but give completely wrong answers so the companies that ask to have the surveys done will either fire mysurvey or see that paying peanuts gets you garbage results.

I think a lot of these surveys are time wasters and do not guarantee any revenue. Once you accept that then there can be no disappointment if they do not pay regularly or go cheap on you. I will say the same for writing your opinions on paying on-line sites as i have seen a steady decline in my revenue since I began and had fewer postings. Since have no expectations from these companies, then I can't be disappointed in the future but if they pay up, all the better!

Good thing I searched before posting; I was going to start a thread with this exact sentiment. I can't believe how long it is taking to accumulate any points, it never used to be like this. The surveys have a very low point value as you mentioned, I feel like I am never going to accumulate enough to cash out. I used to be able to cash out quite frequently.

These companies are going to lose in the end. We are not going to take the time to answer questions in a thorough fashion if our incentives are going to continue to decrease.

I think a lot of these surveys are time wasters and do not guarantee any revenue. Once you accept that then there can be no disappointment if they do not pay regularly or go cheap on you. Since have no expectations from these companies, then I can't be disappointed in the future but if they pay up, all the better!

Sounds like you are a sweepstakes free survey taker.

Yea, i agree with you Whatatay. I could not imagine spending my free time filling the mouths of such greed mongers as they pay the people that make them money, crap.

I'm with you guys! I don't even bother with half of the companies I used to like anymore. I hate sweepstakes, it's in insult. These marketing companies pay big bucks to find out what people want and need. If they are going to keep the money and give us 10 cents for a survey, they can shove it. They are going to get people who put pick any answer just to do it. The marketing companies need to get wiser about who they are dealing with.