PINECONE QUESTION

beare

Hi beare,

We've written about how to get into Pinecone here: How to find an invitation to join Pinecone Research

As we mention in the article, it's best to try using our signup links (posted here: https://www.surveypolice.com/join/pinecone-research)during the first week of the month.

Fingers crossed he manages to snag a spot! 

Funny, I guess I was totally lucky - when I discovered this hobby a few months ago, I snagged a Pinecone invite with basically no effort, just some googling... I forget if it was here elsewhere, but I just figured it was easy to get one if you googled enough. Apparently I was wrong? >.>

I was able to join Pinecone luckily via a link on THIS forum site, a few years ago.  They randomly choose websites to allow you to sign up.  Also, sometimes they are only looking for a certain demographic of people, so even if you sign up, they don't always accept you.  They are very particular who they invite to complete their surveys (which I personally think is silly because it will only give them biased results), but it's just the way they always have been.  I would defnitely do a google search at least once per week, and see if anything pops up with a Pinecone sign-up link. 

Meanwhile, tell your friend to sign up with Amazon Mechanical Turk (you use your existing Amazon email/password to sign up with them, since it's actually part of Amazon.com)  There are always several surveys offered on there, ranging from 10 cents - even a couple bucks sometimes each.  There is no cash out minimum either.  All you need is an amazon.com account and a paypal account.   

Yeah, mturk is awesome, once you figure it out - there's just a much larger learning curve than your traditional survey site: how to find good hits in the vast sea of mostly garbage, etc. (My happiness with mturk went up dramatically when I discovered turkopticon and the associated greasemonkey script, and again when I discovered /r/HITsWorthTurkingFor. And again when I finally got to 1000 hits done, so I can qualify for all the surveys asking for that.) mturk is pretty neat.