Reason why Amazon might want are buying purchases

footfree

I put this in a Survey Takers Lounge but thought I would put it here also.Here is what happened to me last night when I made

a order with them.

Went to order my daughter a gift and it said in order to buy this and get free shipment I need $49 of items.Then I noticed if I wanted to

order a book for my other daughter I had to buy at least $25 worth of books in order to get free shipping.Guess that book isn't included

with my other order which is housewares.I also needed a couple of other things but since they had free shipping to begin with I couldn't

add it to my original house ware buy.It sounds all so confusing and it is.Not sure if I want to continue buying with Amazon anymore.

Plus a lot of their sister sites that they own have gone up in shipping prices.Guess it's the price you pay for free returns of items

you may not want to keep when buying with them.

I'm guessing they are wanting to find out if people are willing to purchase as much with the new system.At least this is my guess.

I'm guessing they are wanting to find out if people are willing to purchase as much with the new system.At least this is my guess.

I've heard the reason for it is predominantly because they're trying to push as many people as possible to sign up for Prime, which makes them a ton of money. (I have prime and am totally happy with it - for just prime video, or just free shipping, I'm not sure it'd be worth it, but for the two together, it totally is.)

I wont be doing it.Don't twist my wrist to do things it only makes me pull away.Considering what it cost us for cable and netflix I cant do this also.Not only that I don't want my whole life to be connected to a computer screen and then my tv.

It's only free shipping if you purchase enough for it to be of value to you.There are to many other places to shop that I just cant justify it.To me that's no

better then banks charging you to use your own money.

So why has the price of their other sites gone up on shipping?It's not like we can use Amazon prime there?

I may be naive, but I firmly beleive Amazon already has the records to track our purchases in any manner they need. I don't think an Amazon request is behind this.

If your daughter is a college student she can get Prime for $49/year and the first six months are free. I use my son's Amazon student account which is Prime. Just an option. I get more value out of a Netflix subscription for movies but Amazon Prime has songs, videos, etc. as part of the Prime subscription. Amazon has been losing money for years with free shipping so they very recently upped free shipping to $49 and made books $25.

No college students but it is nice to know I could see paying $49 .I would be more apt to buy a book if it was bundled into my order.