Harris Poll E-Receipt Registration?

Cliche01

Has anyone else been getting these offers from Harris Poll where it apparently tracks your online purchases?  I for one find such survey offers rather creepy where they want to track the purchases you make, sites you visit.  I've even been offered one where they send you some scanner and expect you to scan the bar code of every product you buy. Curious if anyone has actually tried this and if that is more or less all it does?

They only asked to see my Amazon account.Never seen the one about the scanner.I use to scan all my purchases for Nielsen (who owns Harris poll) years ago ,I would get items

from their catalog with the points I earned.I think it was called Homescan.I would scan all my grocery purchases each week then transmit my purchases back to them.

You would have to hold the scanner up to the phone in order for it to read it and sometimes it did not want to read it.You would also have to tell them if you used a coupon and how much

the coupon was worth.Like I said time consuming and they do not want to pay what the project is worth.Probably less now considering how much pay has gone down hill.