Your opinion if you have a moment

Allrighttythen

What does everyone think of having a boycott all surveys for a few days-a-thon? I know it would be impossible to get all survey panelists to go along with the idea but what if it was possible? A way of sticking it back to the survey companies for screwing us with lousy $1 fo 30 minutes or the infamous sweepstake entry. This is just an idea seeking opinions so say what you will. Keep it under a novel.

i know what you are getting at, but most of the people that visit this site dont do the non paying surveys or even low per some opinions. its the people that dont see this site and continue those non paying surveys that defeat the cause.

I think it's a great idea and i would absolutely join in. I haven't even been taking surveys for a whole year yet,and i have felt like giving it up many times already because of getting scammed and cheated out of the promised incentives,the ridiculously long surveys for one whole dollar, having to wait months for a 5 or 10 dollar payout,etc...It started out as an interesting way to make a little money(VERY little-lol!)and has turned into for the most part,a huge waste of my time.There's only a few companies that i actually enjoy taking the surveys for,and that actually pay like they're supposed to. My husband has been off work for surgery since August,and he signed up for all the companies that would let 2 people from the same household join.After the first couple months,he was done with it!There has to be a way to get the message to all these companies,and i think this would be a good way to do it. Maybe a longer boycott though-like a week or so. I'm all for it!!

You can count me in! In fact I haven't really done any surveys for a few months now, and I am getting a lot of survey invites for $2 and $3 dollars, so I do think if we all did boycott it would make a difference even though there are others out there that will still do them. These sites know which people really take their time and put real thought into them, and I also think that they have a way of keeping track of how many surveys you do. I say that because I was doing every survey I could and would even go to the websites for surveys, and found that I was getting fewer and fewer invites. Now that I haven't been doing any at all except for Inbox and Send Earnings, I get invites left and right. It would be great if we could boycott for a week, but I know that isn't a reality.

I haven't been here for awhile, because a few months back I logged on and all the discussion groups were gone. I emailed survey police to see what had happened and thought this website had closed down because I never received a response. I just took a chance tonight and am glad to see that its up and running. Can anyone tell me what happened?

Personally I have been boycotting all surveys except for ones from Pinecone research for over 3 months now. I even unsubscribed from most of the panels. I'm not gonna waste hours of time to get nothing in return but insulting rip offs and lies. So you can count me in, since I have been boycotting the bad practices and scams already :). If a company wants to treat me fairly, then I will stay with them, if not, then they are not worth my time.

Good to see/hear you Vipercat! I see you still have the same problems as I. I'm with you on wasting our time. Don't know about you, but another thing I have had happening a lot recently is now they will call me on the phone offering to pay $150 for a panel discussion group, I answer all the questions only to have the caller tell me that I didn't qualify!! ARG!! I get so tired of all of this "not qualifying". Do you have any ideas or thoughts as to what is going on with these survey sites?

We would have to boycott for a lot longer than just a week to actually get their attention, and some people cannot afford to go that long. Granted, there are a lot of others out there to fill in our shoes, however, I've said this before, they do not want "professional" survey takers (if such people exist), and I think they have a way of tracking the surveyers that take their time and put some serious thought into them because they don't want people rushing through just to get the buck. Like Vipercat, I haven't taken any surveys for several months now and now I'm getting a lot of invites, but I either get disqualified or am too late and the survey is closed. I will say I believe the incentives are so low because of the high unemployment and television advertisements directing people to these surveys sites that the survey companies are taking advantage of us.

I think establishing a website to fill out petitions and/or log complaints is a super idea. :-) However, I cannot do it, I can't even draw stick people on paper properly. They come out all deformed and lopsided. (LOL)