telemarketers calling

biggdonn101

I have recently been accused of posting a false review about the fact that a particular survey company sells phone numbers to telemarketers. I have a very simple way of verifying that I was the one telling the truth: my phone number in question was given to no one except that survey company. As it so happens, I have several different phone numbers. I use one for my personal use, family and friends have that one. Then I have others for various business purposes. When a given survey company requests a phone number, I only give a number to that ONE company, they are the ONLY people who have it. So, when I get a telemarketing call, I can tell where it was originally generated from. At present, I am out of phone numbers, so I simply do not participate in anything which requires one. I do something similar with my name, using either my full name or my nickname, or just my first or middle initial, then I track all of it. Do NOT believe that companies do not sell your information! I have proof that they do, then lie about it!

I know they do, but I am not sure if the survey company does it, or if the phone company sells it out.  I am getting a lot of calls on my cell phone lately even though I signed up for the DO NOT CALL registry.

While it possible that a few survey companies might sell user info , it is highly unlikely. Telemarketers use number generators to create numbers that their automated systems then dial. Based on the number of calls I get , being on the Do Not Call Registry , they don't cross check them with that list. Also , telemarketers are legally allowed to call you for the following reasons:

- political campaign calls

- non-profit fundraising

- if you previously dealt with a company in a certain time frame

I know they sell my number, or use it to annoy the heck out of me.  I am unlisted, on the DNC list, and I receive anywhere from 3-7 calls a day from unavailable, unlisted, anonymous, etc. callers.  I look up the numbers on the internet, and they are all from survey companies.  You can't even block them.  SSI is one the most annoying.

I cant block anymore phone numbers its to full from all the blocking I have done.I hate the robo calls where no one is there.Keep on getting ones from San Fransico

Then I get some from insurance companies wanting to insure my car.I tell them I have no car -they sound stunned when I say that.Or I get ones about my computer

I tell them I have no computer.Don't screw with me I will play games with you.However I must admit most times I just let it ring.I n no way do I want them to think

they are calling a valid telephone number.

I have VOIP phone service for my landline where if the number is not on my whitelist of acceptable numbers it asks you to input a 3 digit code. This eliminates all the robo calls from telemarketers as robo calling can't hear:) Life is so much better not having to answer the phone when it's a telemarketer.

• Like 1

JD, that is wonderful!  My brother screens every call that comes into his home on his home phone.  I usually never give out myc ell phone number, to anyone, except work.