Why I keep using GTM

neminem

Sure, their customer service is pretty much laughably nonexistent, and sure, they're definitely one of the sites that sometimes sends you surveys that break at the end, don't give you points, and when you complain, they just tell you that you were screened out and/or it's closed (see first point), but on the other hand, their standard payout is reasonable, and then sometimes you get surveys that pay just crazy well. I wanted to give them props for one such, that I just successfully completed: I was shipped a small package with two pairs of earplugs, which I was to try at least once each - when I agreed, I didn't know exactly what I'd be asked to do afterwards, or how much I'd get, but product testing is most of the reason I'm in this hobby to begin with, as I love product testing even if all I get out of it is the product itself and the ability to give feedback on it. (Fun fact: mysurvey once sent me a product to test, I really liked it and was looking forward to giving feedback on it... but they failed at actually ever sending me the survey, and didn't ever respond to my helpdesk request to send me the survey - see previous comment about customer service - so I never got to give them that feedback. I was actually more irritated that I didn't get to provide my feedback, than I was that I didn't get the points for it.)

Anyway, two weeks later, I received the followup survey. It only took about 10 minutes to complete, was totally easy, asked all the right questions and none of the wrong ones (no "which attributes, all of which are for humans and none of which could remotely describe a pair of earplugs, describe this pair of earplugs; must choose at least 3" or any junk like that :D), and I got a massive 200 points. That might not sound like a lot, but remember GTM's points are different. I calculated it out, it's like $8.60. That is crazy! Thanks, GTM! (And thanks for not breaking this particular survey, as I know if you did, you wouldn't fix it. :P)

• Like 1

I got to do that product test myself.It was easy and yeah I would do it again.My only thing is why ask us to do the journal part if you don't ask

any questions on it?Oh well no big deal but it seems crazy to ask if we aren't even gonna use it.

• 2 weeks later...

hi  i am still waiting for my order since 1/2013  numerous emails, cant get into my account. i love to test products also.

Do you mind me asking what you ordered?I always get Paypal with them.I put my request for  payment in on 3/25 and it's already been added to my account.