When did GTM lower their payout threshold

footfree

Went to cash out and it said I need a minimum of 1000 points in order to do so.So I cashed out at 1080 and it let me.I thought it was 1200?Oh well, like the 1000 better.

No, it's always been a thousand, there just isn't any way to reach exactly a thousand if you want to cash out for, you know, actual cash. I thought the minimum was 1200 for a while, too, cause I totally failed to notice at first that you could add the "15 dollar" reward three times and get over 1000 that way for 45$ instead of having to wait for 50$ at 1200. But yeah, it's always been 1000, pretty sure.

No, pretty sure 1200 .I looked at my account and I have always cashed out at 1200 points since last year.Except for 4/2/2015 and at that time I cashed out at 1100.

So I went looking and someone wrote that you could cash out at 1080 for $45 back in Oct..Should have paid more attention back then but oh well good to know .They have no problem letting you know that they have raised the threshold but I don't remember seeing a email that it was lower now.

Oh, huh. Alright, then I feel retroactively less dumb - I thought it'd always been 1000 and I just messed up the math / didn't notice. Sounds like actually it was 1200 when I joined, too, and I just forgot that that's why I thought you needed 50$ instead of only 45 to cash out, heh. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Went to cash out and it said I need a minimum of 1000 points in order to do so.So I cashed out at 1080 and it let me.I thought it was 1200?Oh well, like the 1000 better.

The cash out thresh hold has always been 1000. What has changed is how much their points are worth. 1000 points used to be worth $50...now it requires 1200 points to earn $50. 

Thanks. I was just about to write that the "change" was that it costs more points for certain awards especially PayPal