Purprofile- so disappointed

footfree

They sent me out a phone to do a 8 week study on  for them .My payment was that they were going to let me keep the  Nexus 5x phone.Great I received the phone and everything was working fine.Then after 2 days it stopped working it wouldn't let me connect to my Wifi and or data plan.I thought maybe it was my router because a storm knocked mine out a few days ago.Once we got a new router it still didn't work but it couldn't have been the router because my husbands phone is working fine now that we have the new router.I wrote to them and asked if I could get a replacement.They said no ,so I  told them I could return it .I mean it's useless to me and or anyone I could have sold it to after the survey was over.No one wants a phone that cant connect.All you can do is text and call on it so it's really no longer a smartphone.Plus I had a buyer for the phone to boot,so now I'm out that and now I guess they want me to pay to ship it back to them.I told them I didn't think it was my responsibility that they needed to send me a return label.I cant imagine paying for shipping too.You would think they could return a bad phone and get compensated for it,so why they didn't offer to pay for shipping is beyond me.

Have you tried a reset on the phone? Sorry if that sounds a bit obvious but it has to be asked. As for the return problem it may sound like bravado but there ain't a cat in hells chance that I'd pay to return it. I know it's easy for me to say but I hope you tell them where to shove it. Phone companies,internet companies and utility companies are notoriously good in trying to shift the blame/costs onto the consumer.

Yes I reset it several times.I just cant understand why they didn't offer to send me a return label unless these are refurbished phones that they got at a discount.