New Here but not Stupid--COME ON

babs4246

Come on folks, I am new to the forum as a registered user, though have been using Survey Police for about two years to find legit companies.

Why are so many JERKS posting lies & referrals about 'great sites' ?!?! I'm reading these Favorites and they are mostly scams trying to get folks to check out and join crappy sites. I didn't think Survey Police would allow all these links and posts by weenies who are probably getting paid to direct traffic to scam sites, but beware!!

USE CAUTION FOLKS! Before I started signing up for stuff, I INFORMED myself of general rules to follow...they are all over this site outside of the forum...as well as general postings all over by doing searches on the Internet itself...so do some reading BEFORE you join sites!!

a few tips;

If they want you to PAY for anything, it's a SCAM

if they are a referral service to all the survey companies, it's a SCAM

if you continue to do surveys for sweepstakes entries or a dollar or two -- then the legit companies will continue to pay less and less since so many people are willing to do them for basically nothing!!

Make Errors on the Side of Caution. It's a scary world out there full of scams--especially when you are sending off your personal info into computer land--take the time to READ READ READ all that a website is telling you BEFORE you register!!

if somebody claims they are making $500 - $1000 a month, EVERY month-- they are directing you to a SCAM site. I say this as for the first time in a year, I've brought in over $300, a first. I get mad money (extra lattes for the month), I get Macy's gift cards for $25 after doing tons of surveys on one site, and I finally picked up a discussion board that paid me extremely well last week...

Now I know I'm not registered with a zillion sites so maybe I could be making a little more and I've not been at this for years and years...but even in the last 2 years, things have changed, gone are the days when a person can make major, consistent money doing this stuff...it's too watered down with things like Survey Spot advertising on TV, getting people by the hundreds of thousands to join what use to be a small community...now it's like bad labor practices--why pay more than they have to when people are willing to do it for free and a CHANCE of MAYBE winning some money?

FINALLY BEWARE You have to realize that eventually, even the actual ratings on survey police might get watered down and skewed by posers posting reviews and ratings for their own sites..just like they are trying to direct you to them from these posts..

Good luck.

I also think that the top post here is very well said and very true. When i first starting taking surveys i did not read enough at all-just went crazy signing up for all these different panels, and was getting a mailbox FULL of spam everyday.I even got a couple weird charges on our home phone bill and cell phone bill.I was taking sweepstakes surveys,but i got tired of that really quickly. I LOVE this site,and was so excited when i found it,but that top ten list on the front page seems a little misleading to me. When i first saw this,hotspex was ranked number 1,so again without reading anymore about it,i immediately went and signed up with them,and of course was severely disappointed. I have told some friends and family members about taking surveys, and i always tell them to come here to survey police first and read,read,read,but ignore that top ten list! :lol:

Yes, you definitely need to do your homework before signing up for any program. The warning signs are there too. If they want to charge you or make you sign up for other sites or complete offers as a part of the sign up process, GET OUT OF THERE! Some of us had to learn that the hard way.

Too much is allowed to go on here IMO. Even when I report things they sometimes don't get removed.

I have reported the last three spams and nothing happened. It is pretty sad when nothing is done until a troll posts disgusting shock images and even then they remain on the board for over a week, then instead of just banning the person responsible and deleting the images, the admin takes the board down for over 3 months. This makes no sense to me... I am sure the admin of this site is busy with other things, but there should at least be a volunteer moderator for these forums.

Too much is allowed to go on here IMO. Even when I report things they sometimes don't get removed.

I have reported the last three spams and nothing happened. It is pretty sad when nothing is done until a troll posts disgusting shock images and even then they remain on the board for over a week, then instead of just banning the person responsible and deleting the images, the admin takes the board down for over 3 months. This makes no sense to me... I am sure the admin of this site is busy with other things, but there should at least be a volunteer moderator for these forums.

I agree with you 100% - it's like we care more about this forum than the Admin does. I would think they would have learned to take our complaints more seriously after what happened!

• 3 weeks later...

First, let me say that listing the reasons you are motivated to do something certainly lends legitimacy to your statements. Also, what you do, as you state, is very important. I do take one exception. If I write about a favorite survey site (which btw I haven't done yet) its because they have been favorable TO ME. As a senior citizen I face a lot of rejection on surveys (don't take this as a slam - I honestly don't mind) because I don't fall into a particular demographic and seniors are not seen as having much disposable income. There are some sites that are just more likely to ignore age - I have absolutely no idea why that is - I've kept numerous notes and it is just a random thing. Anyway, if I write about my favorite site its not motivated by any compensation to do so and I disagree with you about companies having shills to write for them. I honestly believe (and I am not naive about this) that people are motivated to write much more when they DISLIKE or hate something (or are pissed off) than when they really enjoy something. So when they do write favorable things they have a tendency to go overboard a bit and you have to take much of it with a grain of salt. HOWEVER, I find it VERY helpful to read favorable articles about survey companies even if my own personal experiences are different. What I take exception to your statement(s) is that they paint a wide swath across peoples opinions that you just don't share. Other than knowing me personally you cannot know whether or not I have an overriding interest in any survey company. I don't and I have no need to but I reserve the right to state HOW I FEEL without having someone question my motivation. Being skeptical is fine, being nasty about it or trying to denigrate others who are trying to enlighten others is really rather petty. I'm not stupid and I won't be bullied either.