Updated iPoll Observations

jberri12

I checked out iPoll after the SSI upgrades yesterday.  Some observations:

• Previous rewards were carried over
  • Rewards history prior to the migration is gone
  • Survey history prior to the migration is gone
  • Types of rewards are now just Paypal, Amazon, and iTunes
  • The Paypal cash out threshold was lowered to $25 (!)
  • The pending surveys list is gone and replaced with "Take a Survey"
  • You now have to answer pre-survey questions
  • Survey completions credit immediately (!)
  • Paypal cash outs appear to be immediate (!)

In my opinion it looks more like Opinion Outpost now, which is a positive.  I also noticed that the incentives appear to be at the same level as before, at least for now.  One of the reasons I stayed with iPoll is that the incentives where better than average compared to a lot of other panels.

So far so good - more use will tell the full story.

Did anyone have any pending "cash out" requests with IPOLL? I had one for $50.00 and after the change over the cash out request has a "claim id" attached to it and seems to imply it has been already paid to me. I sent in a help request and I am awaiting a response.

I had a pending $25 Amazon cash out and it was paid out today to me as an Amazon electronic GC.

FYI, iPoll also updated their Android app.  It now looks a lot like another SSI Android survey app called Quick Thoughts.  I like Quick Thoughts better because they pay $.10 for screen outs while the new iPoll app does not.  I do not have an Apple device, but I assume there are equivalent iOS apps for both.

• 2 weeks later...

iPoll has run me through the ringer since the end of April.  I've been terminated twice.  The first time, I had 2 pending paypal payments of $50 each, and they were going to keep it.  I also had money in my account balance so they were going to keep that too.  I filed a BBB complaint and had my 2 pending payments made into paypal within 5 days, and my account reactivated.  They said they were "happy to have me back". Oh, they were sending me survey invites and everything like all was just peachy.   Welllll,  less than a week later, they terminate me again.  I still have money in my account unrequested.  So I reopened the BBB case.  They never give you any explanation for the termination.  I always take my time taking their surveys, answer very honestly, just being the perfect survey taker.  None of this has happened before the end of April, iPoll was relatively trouble free.  So warning people.......if you are a member of iPoll, Survey Spot or Opinion Outpost, you might want to cash out and run.  At the very same time, they froze my SurveySpot and Opinion Outpost accounts as well, both with money in those accounts too.  BBB will be having a very busy time with this I'm sure.

• Like 1