What is wrong with the GTM web site-was there a buy out

footfree

Couldn't cash out yesterday they said to check my point balance and I had enough points.I have 1096 and I cashed in 1080 for $45 Paypal.So I was able to email them about that yesterday.This morning I did a survey all the way to the end only to be told I do not qualify.So I went to their site to complain and I cant get their site to come up.I have been having these types of issues from them for the last 3 months.Plus I read on Facebook that they were bought out by SSI and no wonder they are going down hill.Is this true were they bought out?

I'm not an expert, but in cursory googling, I can't find anything about GTM being bought by SSI anywhere except that one single facebook comment you mentioned (which I did see, but which doesn't seem to be supported by evidence?)

The site does appear to be down at the moment, but I'm not sure what that would have to do with a buyout. GTM has never been exactly the... least buggy site out there, like ever.

Well the site is back up and running and viola I now cashed out.Maybe that was the problem.Then my mind started wondering if they shut down the site after hackers scammed billions of dollars from banks.I thought maybe their money had been stolen.My only gripe now is that they owe me for 3 surveys and they wont answer my emails.I don't believe everything I read - I wonder what made this guy think that?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/13/business/dealbook/swift-global-bank-network-attack.html?_r=0

• Like 1

I assume the guy just got GTM confused with ipoll? SSI did just buy ipoll, after all, and they're easily confused - they're both big surveys sites that have craptaculous support teams :P. (GTM just pays way better, enough so that it's worth sucking it up and dealing with their amazingly terrible support, just knowing that if they do fail to credit you for surveys, you're... pretty much just going to have to eat it, cause they aren't going to bother to fix their mistakes 99% of the time. :P)

• 2 weeks later...