Has anyone threatened Toluna with the BBB

greeneyeddevils

I think Toluna is a pile of crap...they love the 15 point voting surveys..bunch of sh*t in my opinion....I got DQ'D for a survey today before I could blink...I put in male..then from Canada & got bumped...this has happened a few times over the last week...I still say that they FLAG YOU once you get close to reaching a cash out "60000" points since they don't want to pay or don't have the $$$ to pay you...I say go ahead & go to the BBB with them...

I say go for it. I stopped answering any of their surveys. Get $1 to $3 for a 20 minute survey. No thanks. You know you always get the lowest amount. I agree, the 15 points to vote is ridiculous, along with starting polls. How is that related to taking surveys. They suck.

Toluna's customer service on their surveys that fail are weak. But they have voting surveys on their site that pay 100-200 points that take about a minute to do. I know the 15 points ones you are referring to but the ones i am talking about show up in the same place. There are usually 1-3 per day there. When their survey fails to pay you at the end...i havent had one that has shown up in my account on its own yet.

No, threatening them with the BBB will do nothing. Actually filing a complaint with the BBB might. It is easy to threaten but they know 99% won't put in the effort to follow through.

Go to the BBB website and fill out the complaint form. Where it asks for names and addresses of people you contacted about your problem, just put an email address for the company in the "name" field and it will go through. Don't get put off because the form is looking for a bunch of stuff about people you contacted. Just use an email address for that and leave the "address, etc" fields blank.

I have a complaint in with them for Datatelligence who promised $10 for a survey and sent a $10 gift code for an overpriced magazine subscription. Their rating went down from a A a couple months ago to a B for complaints and failing to respond to one. Even if you don't get it resolved, the complaints will bring their BBB rating down and companies may stop using them to do surveys for them. If even one company does, you have cost them which is better than nothing.

Actually I wrote them not long ago regaurding a survey I took which didn't credit in the 3 week period that was stated it would. First email got a canned "we received your email and here's a case number" response. Waited a week, so I emailed them again about the survey using the case number assigned me in the subject line as they requested. Got another canned reply with a new case number to use in future emails. Again, waited a week and no update or anything. Ok I thought, let's try a different approach. Emailed support again using the case number given previously but this time explained in a nice way I waited much longer than the 3 weeks after the survey and maybe I might give the BBB a try. Well, no canned reply this time, got a human reply explaining they were waiting for the client to reply to them with who to credit. So, certain three letters can make things happen, at the very least get more than the old canned reply. Still waiting for the credit.

Why threaten anyone? Just spend the time actually doing it.

I agree and i wish i had filed one against them before i unsubscribed from them a couple months ago. I had all kinds of problems with their surveys,and always got the irritating canned replies. Both times I actually got enough credits to cash out,it took around 3 months each time to receive the checks. I don't understand why people stick with them,or do those stupid polls on their site. I don't care how many points those things or their surveys pay,I'm not willing to do all that work in order to be kept waiting 3 months for a ten dollar check!

Just as a follow up, yesterday I received a $10 check from Datatelligence after filing a complaint with the BBB. This was for the 5 day chocolate survey diary where they promised $10 and then sent a $10 magazine subscription gift code worth about $2.

They did not respond to a single email of mine about this so I filed the complaint. I know most of the time, filing a BBB complaint doesn't accomplish anything and I actually didn't expect them to pay, but wanted their BBB rating to go down. It was an A and went down to a B after other people complained.

Just as a side note I got my first sweep only invite from Toluna recently. Like the way the invite phrased it, a 5000 dollar survey. A sign of things to come? Yup. The sweep route is getting popular, GTM a recent casualty of this.

I have only been a member of Toluna for a few months. As far as I have heard Greenfield online will be combining with them soon. I hardly ever qualify for Toluna surveys but I do some greenfield. I have thought about canceling my account but decided to wait and see if there are any changes when/if Greenfiled is combined. If things are not better I will drop them both.