What's up with MintVine?

Spazmobot

Logged into my account today, and the tab that used to be where you go to choose the survey oyu want to take is now replaced with a tab that says "offers."  The offers are all points based stuff like little surveys from Peanut Labs and offers like GPT sites have  this was on the site before but not in that location.  In fact, if you type it in the URL box to go to Mintvine.com/surveys, which is where the tab would take you, you get a 404 not found message.

So, they're directing us to Survey Street only?  I liked being able to choose which surveys I wanted to take and which I didn't want to waste time on.  Many Survey Street ones you can go through a bunch of disqualifying before you get to anything and the pay for them is usually really small for the amount of time they take.  

I haven't received any emails detailing this new update.  Anyone else know anything?  I'm not sure I'd be too happy if this was a permanent change.

It changed to Survey Street only yesterday. I don't like it. There are too many low paying surveys that I refuse to do.

From their facebook: 

Special announcement for Mintvine members!

Recently some changes have been made to the Mintvine dashboard. Rather than having a "Surveys" list showing potential opportunities, we will match members directly to the best available surveys through our router, Survey Street.

There are many opportunities that were not included in the list that are now included in Survey Street, allowing for more surveys for all members

I replied.

That's ridiculous. Mintvine is your product and we are your consumers. Where in market research 101 does it say reducing website usability and taking options away from consumers will increase activity? You finally stopped sending me 50 emails a day to non-existent surveys but now you are saying I can't figure out, by myself, what survey I want to take without your help? I don't see how this is a good decision for your users.

The elimination of the Mintvine survey pick list is horrible. Recently Cashcrate did the same thing.

I am now about to quit my little survey sideline. I wonder what I will do with my free time?

I know for sure I will not work for less than 2 bucks an hour!

Mechanical Turk, mturk.com

I've never seen a pick list there. I started around the beginning of March, and both "streets" led to the Funnel.

Quote from Post #3:

"Rather than having a "Surveys" list showing potential opportunities, we will match members directly to the best available surveys through our router, Survey Street.

There are many opportunities that were not included in the list that are now included in Survey Street, allowing for more surveys for all members"

....................................................................................................................................................................................

If they're matching me for the best available surveys," why do I keep getting DQ before I answer any questions?

However, I did just get 30 points for one of the DQ surveys.

I don't like it either, I'd rather choose which surveys I want to do, and they won't go to another survey until you click on the they want you to do. Sometimes if it's only paying 2 or 3 cents for dq I just click on it and don't do it just to get to the next survey. This is a bad move on their part.

• 4 weeks later...

From their facebook: 

Special announcement for MintVine members!

Recently some changes have been made to the MintVine dashboard. Rather than having a "Surveys" list showing potential opportunities, we will match members directly to the best available surveys through our router, Survey Street.

There are many opportunities that were not included in the list that are now included in Survey Street, allowing for more surveys for all members

See now this makes no sense at all...  I'm actually doing less surveys because the ones I'm being routed to, I fill in the 3 boxes, click next and I get a message saying "this survey is not available to you."  No dq pts either.  This is a lousy change.

• 3 weeks later...

To add to their dismal changes - not only am I getting DQ'd left and right, sometimes before even filling out a single screener question, when I do attempt to do a survey say 50 pts for 7 minutes - I finish it completely and then I get a "Oh no something happened" screen.  I used to write to them and say can I have my points for the survey I just did fully?  But, I stopped because why?  I just spent 7 minutes doing a survey for 50 centsthat I didn't get. Adding more time to that to get that 50 cents just makes me feel stupider.  

And to top it off, icing on the cake--  After these lower paying surveys finally added up to $10, it says to get that, it's going to take 6 days - when before I'd get my payment in no more than 2 days, unless over a weekend or holiday.

I know these area all nit-picky things, but when you add them all up, it is tanking them in my eyes.  I'm going to adjust the rating I gave them on SP.  They used to be my second favorite panel, now....  well, it's pretty bad, and I hate it when a company tried to put a happy face on a situation like this.  Like they are doing us a favor by providing a much crappier experience, and it is basically saying that we're stupid enough to buy their line of bs.    

So why would I stay if they're going to call me stupid to my face?

Kind of funny because I stopped getting Mintvine Surveys via email several months back, and I posted about it on here. However, no one seemed to take me seriously at the time. The ONLY surveys I do for them now are their daily 5 cent polls. If they get rid of that, I will be closing my account. I think we should all post on their facebook wall how unhappy we are with Mintvine now. The only thing they are good for is their 5 cent daily polls.

They've also given me 30 points for some surveys I was DQ for. Twice, but usually 5 pts.

I think a lot of the differences among workers is connected to your demographics, and that's true of every survey company.  I get at least 3 or 4 from them daily.  The business of completing a survey and then being DQ--it happens with most of them.  I keep records in a notebook, so I know who to quit, who to stay with, and what the minimum cash-out is for each company.

Well, the main point is that the entire link that said "Surveys" is now gone from their website and was replaced with "Offers" kind of similar to cash crate. It appears they are heading in that direction unfortunately in which you have to buy certain products in order to get points now. Surveys are definitely not their main goal anymore and the surveys you do see are outsourced from other various companies. They are surely not the same Mintvine we knew. I doubt we will be seeing anymore 30 Pt DQ gifts anymore with them. :(

On my Mintvine account page there are three places that have links for surveys and those links use the word "survey" six times.  I nearly always get a survey when I click on any of those links. Perhaps Mintvine tailors its website based on the user? From user reports it does seem pretty clear that it is either feast or famine when it comes to getting surveys on their site. 

It must be catered differently per user. I tried taking a picture of my laptop screen for Mintvine, but the forum isn't letting me post pictures.

My dashboard from left to right shows: MVP, Local Deals, Survey Street (that's for those silly funnel surveys), Offers, then the number of my total points so far. There is no tab that simply says "Surveys" like there once was, at least on my account.

By the way, they are giving everyone 10 pts to input your home address on their website currently.