We all complain and blame the survey companies but what if......

footfree

It really isn't the company not wanting to pay us or pay us in a timely manner but rather they have crappy employees?Has anyone tried going to the hire ups and see what they think about the treatment we get?Just a thought I wanted to see if anyone else has gone to the big guys in these survey companies to see what they have to say.

I do that myself .I mean it's easier just to walk away.However I know when I have a problem at a store or with a utility company and cant get it resolved with customer service I always ask for a supervisor.Hey, maybe they need to hire supervisor's?It just seems we are always so quick to blame the company itself when it could be the people they hire.

I doubt very much that they would let you even talk to a supervisor if you are lucky enough to have the survey companies phone number.

I don't walk away without a good reason.  I am still waiting on a cash out from one site, since 3/19.  They do not respond to emails, and when I call, I get a run around.  I will go to the BBB on them before I quit.

• Like 2

It really isn't the company not wanting to pay us or pay us in a timely manner but rather they have crappy employees?Has anyone tried going to the hire ups and see what they think about the treatment we get?Just a thought I wanted to see if anyone else has gone to the big guys in these survey companies to see what they have to say.

I doubt it's easy to get through to anyone higher in one of the companies. And would they really care? They probably have hundreds, maybe thousands, of us completing the surveys for peanuts whilst they get thousands from their clients

So what if we complain, they can always ban us - and still have hundreds more to fill in the surveys

I think there may be dodgy c-s but in general they may just be following the company policy. It could also be that they are very busy and understaffed, paid the basic themselves (as simple workers) so they care the least.

If tried to email a few companies behind a few survey panels that did not address my concerns/missing reward and usually got no answers, but in one case, not only I had a reply (as I was close to redemption and long time waited for a survey to be rewarded), but I was also sent more than a full payment as a goodwill gesture. This was anyway unique, never happened in 15 years.

I doubt it's easy to get through to anyone higher in one of the companies. And would they really care? They probably have hundreds, maybe thousands, of us completing the surveys for peanuts whilst they get thousands from their clients

So what if we complain, they can always ban us - and still have hundreds more to fill in the surveys

I complained twice to the MRS (UK) and got my rewards, I ditched 2 companies afterwards, but still with a third one who apologised and it was all ok (this one was indirectly interested as their survey was just hosted by one of the two, still mrs contacted them first anyway).

I also complained to ESOMAR once, and although 'they could not help', and did not answer my question what it meant to be 'their members' for a market research company (just for potential clients? and what about us, the panellists?? etc), MIRACULOUSLY I had my survey rewarded!! I then dumped this panel as well.

I really dislike to be taken for a ride.

• Like 1

Support is generally people like you and me sitting with a manual they follow. They then ask a few questions if they can't find the problem right away and look in the manual again when you send them answers. It seems after that your complaint gets lost in the shuffle and you have to complain once again but you are now on the bottom of the pile waiting to go back to the top. That's how I see it.