True times to completion, anyone else keeping track?

biggdonn101

I tried to take about a dozen surveys this morning and early afternoon. I was DQd for, I think, 8 of them, but only after I had put in all of the usual age,income, race, zip code, etc., plus a few more questions. I abandoned one which I did qualify for, it said 10 minutes, and after I was on it for 17 minutes, going as fast as I could, a page came up with a list of 20 or more questions, with about 10 options across for each question, would have taken another 5-10 minutes for that page alone, and no telling how many more pages would have come up, though it arguably could have been the last page, as well. Another one, which I did complete, said it would give me "5 points in just one minute", actually took 7 minutes, and could well have taken much longer, if I had chosen more products to review. Personally, I just glance up to the corner of my screen each time I start a survey to take a look at the time, so I know how long I am taking on the survey. What I am a bit upset about is not so much the time involved, as the deception. VERY rarely do I complete one in the time they say it will take. I DO try to read everything as specified, partly because I want to be honest, partly because I want to avoid the DQ plant questions ("Check column 3 for this question"). Since a lot of these are links, should I be reporting this to the site I am subscribed to? In the cases today, these were through OO, but of course they were polls from other companies, with OO being my link to them.

I did have one that said 12 minutes, and 20 minutes into it, I bailed because I was only 33% done. But I find that usually they are pretty close to the time it says.

If it is consistently taking you a lot longer than the stated time to do surveys and you're having this issue across a number of different panels, then you may want to see if the problem is the speed of your internet connection. I changed ISPs last year and it made a huge difference in how long it takes me to complete surveys.

Outpost Toluna and Survey Spot I found you can never trust the time they say. Add anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes and you will have the real time.

• Like 1

Just had one this morning on Swagbucks, it said 5 minutes, and when I some 13 minutes later I was dq'd.  I have no idea how much longer I would have been into it to complete it. 

Just had one this morning on Swagbucks, it said 5 minutes, and when I some 13 minutes later I was dq'd.  I have no idea how much longer I would have been into it to complete it. 

What I was talking about is when they say 10 minutes and then they say they apologize and they have a survey for 30 minutes. They are hoping you don't see that they are going to give you a survey longer then you were told in the first place. When I see that I just close the survey. Tell me a lie and I won't do it. Yes what happened to you is very annoying and they do that all the time.

• Like 1

What I was talking about is when they say 10 minutes and then they say they apologize and they have a survey for 30 minutes. They are hoping you don't see that they are going to give you a survey longer then you were told in the first place. When I see that I just close the survey. Tell me a lie and I won't do it. Yes what happened to you is very annoying and they do that all the time.

I get that on a few sites.  I think there is usually a disclaimer about "if you don't qualify for this and complete another, you get 50 points".  Maybe the original survey was 10 minutes for 65 points.  I get it. :)

But they always seem to lead in with a exaggerated amount of time that never seems to be true once you open the survey.My soap box is really bad about that.What I also find annoying is when they ask you if you want to continue until they find you a survey and if you say no they keep on.I really think they do this so they don't have to give you the "bonus" points for trying.Like Harris Poll,my soap box and Springboard America are the worse.Oh yea lets not forget Erewards too.Like Paulgro I will exit out if I feel I have been lied to.

I get that on a few sites.  I think there is usually a disclaimer about "if you don't qualify for this and complete another, you get 50 points".  Maybe the original survey was 10 minutes for 65 points.  I get it. :)

No, Toluna which is great for this bait and switch doesn't give you anything. All they give is another survey for twice the time.

But they always seem to lead in with a exaggerated amount of time that never seems to be true once you open the survey.My soap box is really bad about that.What I also find annoying is when they ask you if you want to continue until they find you a survey and if you say no they keep on.I really think they do this so they don't have to give you the "bonus" points for trying.Like Harris Poll,my soap box and Springboard America are the worse.Oh yea lets not forget Erewards too.Like Paulgro I will exit out if I feel I have been lied to.

I've always found Toluna to be the worse and Outpost is second on my list for doing that. Springboard I don't have a problem with. It's starting to look like they treat us all different.

Just got one that was 65 points for 38 minutes.  I shouldn't have started it.  It was well over an hour, and then it kicked me out. 

Just got one that was 65 points for 38 minutes.  I shouldn't have started it.  It was well over an hour, and then it kicked me out. 

There are some I know by heart that does that so when I see it pop up I know to close it. I also keep away from the trailer ones that end up paying nothing after watching all the movies and picking items for nothing. That thing must be over a half hour long if you get suckered into it.