Is This a Scam?

caveman

Lightspeed Panel just invited me to join a new panel called ConsumerSay and offered to reward me with 2000 points or a $25 gift card. In exchange for this reward they want me to provide info for them to access my online credit card accounts. Are they serious? Doesn't sound legit to me. What do you think?

I got the same invite a while back-maybe 4 or 5 months ago,and i didn't trust it either so i didn't do it, and can't say whether it is a scam or not. I did send "Lauren" a message about it saying that i wasn't comfortable with giving out my information like that,but i never received a reply about it. I wish i would have thought like you did to come here and post a question about it! My husband got the same invite about 2 months ago,and he also refused to do it.I'm really interested also to see if anyone has actually signed up for it,and if it is a scam or not.

I received one to a while back and didn't do it. That information is way too sensitive to risk handing it out not knowing who will have access to it now or in the future.

Lightspeed Panel just invited me to join a new panel called ConsumerSay and offered to reward me with 2000 points or a $25 gift card. In exchange for this reward they want me to provide info for them to access my online credit card accounts. Are they serious? Doesn't sound legit to me. What do you think?

Hello!!!...Did we all just fall out of a tree...C'MON PEOPLE!! :shock:

No legit company ever asks you for you to let them access any online accounts that are your personal accounts...

Of course it's a scam...Phishing!!!..Just like what happens at PAYPAL sometimes...I get phishing emails asking me for personal info & the email starts off with Dear sir...or something like that...A company like that never ever sends out an email like that....So unless you want your personal info going off to some "god only knows where country" & your info being used to set up some fake credit cards...I'd get ahold of Lightspeed & let them know that this is happening..because they probably don't even know it is ... :idea:

They have this and another one where they offer you some reward to let them install tracking software on your pc for X amount of time. They are too invasive for most people here but they are supported by lightspeed the company.

No legit company ever asks you for you to let them access any online accounts that are your personal accounts...

Of course it's a scam...Phishing!!!..Just like what happens at PAYPAL sometimes...I get phishing emails asking me for personal info & the email starts off with Dear sir...or something like that...A company like that never ever sends out an email like that....So unless you want your personal info going off to some "god only knows where country" & your info being used to set up some fake credit cards...I'd get ahold of Lightspeed & let them know that this is happening..because they probably don't even know it is ... :idea:

I got scammed just this week by one of those paypal emails, and i wrote a warning to others in the survey taker's lounge here. I've read paypal's warnings about emails that start out"dear paypal member",but this one started out with my first and last name,and i let them know that at paypal. They said the only difference in the email i got from one of theirs is that they would never provide a link to click on for putting in my credit card info. It looked completely real to me,and took me to what looked exactly like the paypal site,which the lady i talked to said could be from the scammers re-directing me. Just letting you know that i am usually very skeptical about any emails i get and did not just fall out of a tree,but this one fooled me.

I got scammed just this week by one of those paypal emails, and i wrote a warning to others in the survey taker's lounge here. I've read paypal's warnings about emails that start out"dear paypal member",but this one started out with my first and last name,and i let them know that at paypal. They said the only difference in the email i got from one of theirs is that they would never provide a link to click on for putting in my credit card info. It looked completely real to me,and took me to what looked exactly like the paypal site,which the lady i talked to said could be from the scammers re-directing me. Just letting you know that i am usually very skeptical about any emails i get and did not just fall out of a tree,but this one fooled me.

Sorry about the"falling out of a tree comment"...I know where you're coming from...so many little scams out there...I deal with Paypal all the time...& anytime I receive an email from them I just call them on it to make sure if it's real or not & 3/4

of the time they're all phishing emails looking to steal your info..I know Paypal wouldn't put a link into an email so I'm always careful there too....When a survey offer like the one you received seems too good to be true it usually is..I wish you luck & hope the info you put down for that survey isn't off in some little room right now being added to some fake credit cards somewhere in the world...too many criminals out there...Best of luck

Yeah- I REALLY wish i would have been smart enough to called paypal first! I freaked when i saw the limited account access notice though,cause i had some bids in on ebay that were ending soon. My own fault. I don't think anyone that has commented here actually went ahead and did that lightspeed survey-it sounds like we were all too wary of it,and i'm sure that's a good thing!