Everyone Please Beware Of Fake Paypal Emails

squeeto1

I just got scammed by an email that said it was from paypal notifying me of limited account access. I freaked out because i have some money in there and have some bids in on ebay,so i clicked on the link in the email,which took me to what looked exactly like the paypal site. It said i needed to verify my credit card info,so i put the numbers in,and it told me "card already on file,please enter a different card". I was going wtf?! so i called paypal and they told me that the email did not come from them,and i would have to cancel that card(I promptly did)plus change my password there and on any sites that i use the same password on.The person i talked to was extremely nice and helpful. I know it was my own fault for falling for it,but it looked totally real to me and i just want to warn everyone here about it. Kinda took a bunch of my Christmas spirit away right now,and i didn't have a lot to spare in the first place! :evil:

you only gave them a card number but i would still watch your credit history. its amazing what you can access/open when you know almost nothing about a person.

• 2 weeks later...

I got one of those bogus emails too. I clicked on the link & got to a credit card page that wanted my information. I DO NOT have a credit card linked to Paypal, so I called them, they said the email did not come from them & suggested that I change mt Paypal password which I did. They told me if I get email like that again ITS DEFINATELY NOT legitimate & suggested I forward it to [email protected] Apparently this happens frequently enough for Paypal to have a special place on their site to research these emails & possibly stop those who send them.

• 1 year later...

I get these all the time especail when I don't have account with Paypal on the email they sent, They hope to catch someone not aware and BOOM they got you by the tinnies. Anything that ask for you name account number credit card number Socail Security number even your name I am leery I also notice they don't call you by name this I feel is a dead give away oh and yes I have had my name but as you see I USE RHAYDEN I don't use my actual name and I have asked them to give me my actaul name and I will comply. THey say to contact you local police but they are to busy so I called FBI and they said there is nothing that can be done just don't give the information they want to them best thing to do is if you think it is them FIRST call them or email them of who they say they are like paypal call or email paypal and send or tell them of the email and LET THEM (PAYPAL) tell you if it is them. I get all sorts of scams I play with them or I tell them I am a terrorist trying to stop the many scams comeing to my email the IAM A TERRORIST seems to be slowing it down.

Got to be on your toes. I would cancel the card you have and get another one with a different number best thing to do that way they try to use the number and it is dead no one can get anything out of your account.

Sorry to here you had this happen.

Rhayden

When logging into any site that contains secure, private information, always check in the address bar and look for the HTTP. If it is a secure site, there will be an S at the end, ie. HTTPS if there is NO S, it is NOT a secure site.