Heard back from Toluna after threatening them with BBB

greeneyeddevils

I finally got to 60000 points...I redeemed them....This is what I receive back from them...WTF?

12/17/2009 60000 Yes 2/11/2010

Feb 11/2010...WTF?....Are they serious??...I live in CANADA & could walk to the company & pick up my cheque faster than this ....This company is a fu**king joke....Now that I've cashed out I'm dropping this shitty survey site...

Can the BBB actually do anything to these companies? I thought to be able to file a negative report you actually had to either buy something for a company or work for the company itself. I don't know if you taking surveys for rewards falls under this realm.

Can the BBB actually do anything to these companies? I thought to be able to file a negative report you actually had to either buy something for a company or work for the company itself. I don't know if you taking surveys for rewards falls under this realm.

I didn't think it was possible to file a bbb complaint against a survey company either until i read a post by Whatatay ,who had the same problem i did with dataintelligence, and posted about filing one against them. I then went and did the same,since they had not responded to any of my emails or voice messages,and after that they finally responded to me and i got my incentive. I believe Whatatay said in another post that others also filed bbb complaints against them,and that their rating has gone done from an a to a b. That might not seem like a lot,but at least it's something, and it lets these survey companies know that we will take action when we get cheated.

Dear Member,

Thank you for contacting Toluna. We apologize for the delay in responding to your support request. Your participation is important to us and we want to make sure you are duly credited. Often surveys are not hosted directly by Toluna, therefore, we have to wait until we receive a list of completes from our client before points can be awarded.

You can check if you have been credited for surveys my going to the points section under the “you” heading when logged into the Toluna site. If more than 6 weeks have passed and you have still not been credited for your survey participation please reply to this email with the survey invitation attached.

Additionally, we are experiencing a temporary delay in crediting points for user created content on the site, we assure you your points are still in our system and will be credited shortly.

We also want to inform you that starting January 5th we will be offering pay pal as a payment option. The redemption minimum for checks remains the same at 60,000 points ($20), and will also apply to the new PayPal option. We again apologize for the delay, and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

David Jensen

Toluna Support Team

That is the same exact email response I got when I emailed them to ask about a $3.50 (10,500 points) incentive I was promised. I still haven't received the points, but I did another survey a few days ago for $4.00 (12,000 points) and checked my account immediately after completing the survey and the points for that survey were there!! So why the delay with some and not others? I think they're hoping that after waiting 6 weeks for the incentive we'll forget about it.

What in the world do people think that the BBB is or what it's for.

If anyone is registered with the BBB then OF COURSE YOU CAN COMPLAIN.

That's what the BBB is in business for.

Come on people ..........PLEASE

Actually, I just talked to a friend that works for the local BBB, and they said that with some of these work from home websites (which is what they consider survey sites) they have no "jurisdiction". They just inform the company that someone tried to register a complaint, and encourage them to settle but have no real way to make them do it. Take it for what it is I guess.

That makes sense James.

The BBB can't make anyone do anything. Their just an organization that businesses can join with or not and the BBB keeps tabs on how that company is conducting business by the way people contribute info. to the BBB. They can't make a business do anything, but they can report it for others to see.

On my last response i was just floored after reading various posts around this site of the people that really don't have a clue what the BBB is, much less what it is for. Listening to some of them , I think they think it is some kind of goverment agency or something.

The BBB can't make the companies do anything but sometimes it works.

I filed a complaint with the BBB against Datatelligence because they promised $10 for a survey and then sent a $10 gift code for a overprice magazine subscription. They ignored my emails about this.

Their rating with the BBB was an 'A' and I encouraged others who were ripped off to file a complaint to get their rating down. Their rating went down to a 'B" and their report started showing unresolved complaints. About two weeks after I filed the complaint (2.5 months after they ripped me off and ignored emails), I received a check for $10 in the mail which I promptly cashed.

You can complain even if the company isn't registered with them. Often times it is a waste of time as they can't force the company to do anything. I really didn't think they would be able to help but I filed a complaint in order to get the survey companies 'A' rating down. Not only did the complaints drop it to a 'B', I got the $10 they owed me.

This is the letter I sent them

I would also advise you to read the forum on Survey police.There are rumors of how badly you are paying people that they are now discouraging people from doing your surveys.

This statement probably did more than anything to light a fire under them hahahaha. It was a smart idea to use it.

Good Job , Whatatay. That's exactly what happens. It helps to low their score and people can see what type of business they are dealing with before they decide to do any type of business with the company.

Now if only all others would realize what its for, at least we would all know up front what we're dealing with.

I personally love the BBB because so many people have helped me and with the BBB, at least i can let others know which companies are back stabbers. I figure if i get paid, great, if not thats fine too. At least i can help put them out of business(or at least hurt it) by letting the BBB know how my experience was with them and in turn thousands of other people who take the time to check the BBB out.