Any reason why I shouldn't "retire" from surveys?

KBLover

The whole thing just looks like it's no longer worth the effort.

I guess, I could just keep deleting sweeps and crap compensations - but it's not like that's going to change anything. They are probably making too much money to give up these practices.

Suppose I'm looking for some reason to think this is going to turn back around and be worthwhile again. Use to be able to make some half decent extra money from surveys. Now - lucky if I ever cash out anything other than Pinecone - and those surveys are getting longer and longer.

Might just stick with SurveySaavy, Pinecone, and...I guess try Opinion Outpost again to see if I can do better than 10% qualifying.

Otherwise - nothing worth my time.

Only a very select few are even worth looking at these days, and those I find worthwhile only send surveys a few times a month at most. I would have stayed with Opinion Outpost, except most of their surveys redirect to Toluna, Your2Cents, Greenfield, OTX or some other disreputable company bought out by Toluna. Toluna buying out several of the previously tolerable companies and GTM doing only sweepstakes entries or OTX surveys has pretty much killed off 90% of surveys and turned them into disqualifications, error messages, sweepstakes entries, and other wastes of time. As much as I hated to admit it, the good old days are over, denying it does nothing except waste your time. You can get a higher payout by picking up change off the ground, recycling cans, or practically anything else. I fail to see how so many people feel that 50 cents, error message or a sweepstakes entry is worth an hour of their time.

With college in full swing I've got Pell Grants which gives me about $600 every three months. It's actually kind of depressing looking back at how much time I used up for $1.00. In OR there is a recycling place that pays for aluminum cans. I could absolutely make more money doing that then doing almost any survey. I think a few companies are good to save up for an item you want but don't need. That's just my opinion.

I've canceled all memberships other than Lightspeed Panel, Opinion Outpost, Pinecone Research, and Clear Voice (I just get the 10¢ when disqualifying).

As soon as I get a letter from some lawyer representing a rich uncle I never knew about stating I now own a nice pad and a ton of money..... crap, hate dozing off sometimes.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in seeing the rewards diminish to the 50 cent level. I was making decent money with the many survey panels, but lately only surveyhead has any that are worth doing. Surveyspot, Opinion Outpost, and Lightspeed seem to have cut their incentives in half. I stay away from OTX altogether, but they have flooded the market. I think that the companies are offering such low incentives because of the poor economy. They figure that if people really need the money, they'll spend an hour on a survey that pays $4.

Well said IHate OTX!

As long as there is enough stupid people out there to do surveys for free, they will not pay sh?t. I don't understand how anyone could think so little of themself as to take a survey that pays 50 cents to $1 and spend 30 minutes doing it.

People, do you not have "ANY" self respect? You are worth a lot more. About a month ago I did a survey for a very good company and it took about 20 minutes and paid $15. About 2 hours later I got an invite from another company for the same survey and it paid $3. I did not do it the second time because I would never risk messing up with the good company. If I had already taken the $3 survey I would have been sick. It goes to show these companies are gettig paid very well but most choose to keep it all to themselves. What I am trying to say is you have to pick and choose and not just take any kind of sh?t these scumbags dish out. Stick with the good ones and don't waste your time. I am talking to the newbees because anyone that has been doing this for awhile already knows this or are as dumb as a coal bucket!

I think the survey companies are in trouble because even Survey Spot has started paying 50 cents instead of a sweepstakes entry. That tells me people have quit doing them for nothing. The good companies will never ask you to work for nothing.

Pick and choose guys and things will get better. Try to remember, they cannot surive without us!

I agree with everyone here. OTX Surveys are a total waste of time. They also have problems with Internet Explorer sometimes. I am also getting fed up with these survey companies changing their compensation levels. I also plan to cancel all of them or just never take any unless they offer cash or points that convert to cash. So far only Pincone and Surveyhead are decent. SurveySpot used to be good but they have changed their system to points now and I rarely qualify for anything. Opinion Outpost is also bad and I never qualify. Greenfieldonline has converted to Toluna and they are terrible. Have to have 60,000 points to get anything and it takes forever when I never qualify for anything. Once I get enough to cash out I am quitting and I had a few dollars at Greenfield that I don't see what happened to them. Like some of you said, I respect myself more than that to waste anymore time with these surveys.