BBB Complaint Success, 2 For 2

Whatatay

Success with another BBB complaint. Just got an email yesterday from the BBB saying my complaint about Opinion Outpost was forwarded to the company. I just checked my balance now, and they added $2.50 (the amount of my complaint) to my account.

Some background. I spent 30 minutes taking a survey giving through, thoughtful, and honest answers. There were no errors and it redirected me back to Opinion Outpost but I did not get credit. My survey history showed the survey as "Started", not "Pending" like it should have if they realized I completed it. I sent an email to OO about this. I received a reply which said they will get a list from the company that ran the survey, and if it shows I took it, I will get credit in 2 to 3 week. I replied to the email telling them I don't care what kind of list they get, that I spent 30 minutes on the survey, and that they need to take responsibility for technical issues and pay me. They didn't reply so I filed a complaint with the BBB. When this problem happened previously, they said they have no way of telling if I completed a survey so I wasn't going to let them get away with that excuse again.

Now my survey history shows -

# - 2

Survey - Adjustment

Date - 2010/01/12

Survey Status - Thank You - Technical Issues <---- not even listed on their colored legend of statues and their descriptions

Points Possible - 0

Points Earned - 25

So far I am 2 for 2 with BBB survey complaints. My other was for Datatelligence who promised $10 for a survey and then sent a $10 gift code of an overpriced magazine subscription instead. They ignored emails so I filled a complaint with the BBB and got a $10 check less than two weeks later. Some of you may think that filling a complaint with the BBB for $2.50 is petty. Perhaps it is, but I am tired of these survey sites being petty by cheating us. It took less time to file the complaint then it takes to do most surveys. If you are willing to spend 15 minutes or more to take a survey for $1 or $2, why wouldn't you take an extra few minutes to file a complaint when you don't get paid? Here is proof here that they can make adjustments if they want.

I agree with you 200%. I'm about to complain against Toluna. I had 48000pts, and they are gone. To top that off, I can't log into my account anymore, it directs me to greenville, which should be the other way around. Thank god for confirmations. I'll give them to the end of this month to restore my account and points.

Congratulations Whatatay on your victory! Some of these companies posture like not only was 30 min. of your time worth nothing, but you should feel privileged that they allowed you to spend it with them. You are an inspiration.

Here, here - well done Whatatay!

$2.50 isn't much, but the principle as well as, like you said, what's another couple minutes.

Nice to know that it can actually matter to complain at the BBB.

I post my success to encourage others to file complaints with the BBB also.

If I have been successful with 2 out of 2 complaints, can you imagine how these survey companies will change things if they start getting hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands complaints? Perhaps no more errors.

Right now they don't care if they have errors because they get your answers and don't have to pay you. They figure you can't do anything about it. I would like to see it where they make darn sure there are no errors to prevent a flood of complaints.