Interactive Chat in the Middle of a Survey

NotRichYet

Recently, I've participated in two surveys where I got close to the end of the survey and then a "chat window" popped up claiming that I would get $xxx if I completed the chat session. Since there was no "no thanks" button, and, it was worth $2-3 dollars, I went ahead and did the chat (about 15 minutes worth).

No big surprise, I didn't get credit for the chat session with either site. I complained to one site and they initially said they had to wait until they got confirmation of who completed the session before they could give me credit (about 4 weeks), which seemed reasonable. After the fifth week, I contacted them again, and, they claimed "my ID number was not on the list submitted to them by their client", so, I wouldn't be paid. I told them that they had already paid me for the main survey, and, there was no way to opt out of the chat session. It made no difference. I never got paid for the chat session on the second survey either (from a different company).

Has anyone else had this problem?

While taking a survey for Survey Spot I had the chat open up but no incentive was mentioned, I did it, but the next time it happened, I did not participate.

While taking a survey for Survey Spot I had the chat open up but no incentive was mentioned, I did it, but the next time it happened, I did not participate.

I have had that happen and as soon as the chat starts I ask them if I am going to be paid. They always say no and ask if they can just ask me a couple of questions. I tell them I will give them my email address and they can contact me and if I am happy with the compensation offered then I will reply. I never get a reply so I never reply either. Don't give it away guys.

I have had that happen and as soon as the chat starts I ask them if I am going to be paid. They always say no and ask if they can just ask me a couple of questions. I tell them I will give them my email address and they can contact me and if I am happy with the compensation offered then I will reply. I never get a reply so I never reply either. Don't give it away guys.

Good idea, if given the "choice". In both of my cases, the survey "promised" $2 or $3 additional for completing the chat session. I guess my crime was that I expected them to do what they promised! :oops: