BOYCOTT THREAD

mrbucket

Thanks susiejean for giving me this idea.

Post here the survey companies that you are boycotting and the reason why. If we all stick together on this and reply to companies that are abusing other panelist, then they may change their ways.

I will send messages to companies that I do not agree with their taking advantage of other members. Not that I make a difference with these companies, but joining together in our survey taking lives, we need to stick together.

My boycott site is of course, OTX, Ampario, Survey Sphere, Survey Exchange (all the same company, OTX). You folks know the reason so not posting it. The cheap scapes.

Hope we can all join in here and make a difference!

OTX, NFO, Hotspex and Zoompanel

Definitely OTX. Their surveys seem to be "Popping" up everywhere on other survey sites. Is it because they can't get anyone to do their surveys from their own site? If they let us know it's from them? From what I understand, they have another survey site that they use to get their surveys out, it even looks like their site (gray line across top of page).

If we let these other survey companies know that they are being boycotted, like Palm Research and Toluna, they would sit up and take notice. Also, the sites that want referrals could be informed that there will be no referrals unless they either drop OTX or make some solid rules on doing their surveys.

I'm just saying...... :shock:

Susie

Thanks susiejean for giving me this idea.

Post here the survey companies that you are boycotting and the reason why. If we all stick together on this and reply to companies that are abusing other panelist, then they may change their ways.

I will send messages to companies that I do not agree with their taking advantage of other members. Not that I make a difference with these companies, but joining together in our survey taking lives, we need to stick together.

My boycott site is of course, OTX, Ampario, Survey Sphere, Survey Exchange (all the same company, OTX). You folks know the reason so not posting it. The cheap scapes.

Hope we can all join in here and make a difference!

BTY...THANK YOU! This is what I'm talking about!

Susie

• 4 weeks later...

I'm already boycotting OTX.

However, this brings up a question for me: is it better to just delete their surveys thru third parties (i.e. Opinion Outpost), or, tell the third party that you won't do any of the OTX surveys? Seems like you might get canned by the third party if you complain (too much), whereas if you just don't do the OTX surveys, maybe the third party would (eventually) get the idea (assuming you are in good standing on their other surveys).

Whadaya think?

Scratchthis.com (not a survey site, but more of a free games, earn rewards site):

I joined this site which has free scratch off tickets.. Well, back in October 2009 I cashed out for a $25 GC. I have sent them over 20 emails which have all gone unanswered. I finally wrote them a physical letter which came back to me with a RETURN TO SENDER stamp on it. I would strongly advise against wasting your time on this site. They do not appear to be a legitimate site who sticks to their "end of the bargain" so to speak. I hope that others have had more positive experiences with them than I have had.