Reported Survey Spot to BBB

TSP1973

On March 12, 2010 I completed this survey that took almost 1 hour, for 300 points. After answering ALL the questions I finally got to the part where they ask the classification questions, the part where they ask at the end of the survey about age, income, race and all that. Well at the end I got an Error. I since have sent 3 emails to Survey Spot about the error problem and not getting my points. Finally after being ignored twice, on the 3rd time I sent an email given them 72 hours to credit me 300 points and finally a response 5 days after I sent the last email. There response that I got about getting my 300 points was this:

Thank you for your e-mail.

Thank you for telling us about the problem you experienced with a recent SurveySpot survey. We appreciate the time and effort you have taken to try to complete one of our surveys.

Your feedback helps us improve the quality of future SurveySpot surveys, and we hope you’ll take another SurveySpot survey very soon.

If our response does not completely address your concern, please reply with the words “More Help” in the subject line and we will get you more information.

Best Regards,

SurveySpot Member Services

:shock:

Not a single word on weather they were going to issue me my points are not! :evil: So today I filed a complaint about them to the BBB! Survey spot use to be good on getting back to you on issues with problems on surveys, usally within a few days, been with them for about 1 year now. But all of a sudden when they did there supposed Server Maintenance which lasted about a month, which I still don't be leave it was server maintenance issue at all, they have really gone down hill with customer service!

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same thing happen to me just recently. I emailed them and I am not really expecting a reply. I took 900 points worth of surveys and received credit for 550. I wanted to make it to 1,000 points, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. I may just give it up in the next 30 days and move on with the ones tht I am affiliated with that DO pay.

Well I finally got my 300 points after reporting them to the BBB! Survey Spot use to be pretty good and fast at handling survey problems. In the past when I did a survey and ended up getting an error at the end and didn't get recorded right, they would always fix the mistake and issue me the points. But ever since they done that "So Called Server Maintenance" Over a month ago, about not being able to see your points and stuff, they have went down hill big time! They should be ashamed of themselves for going the down the road of trying to scam you out of points!

I found it kinda humorous on there reply to the BBB on the matter! They said "Although there records show I didn't complete the survey, they were going to issue me points in good faith"! :shock: Good Faith??? :shock: If they were going to do it in good faith, they would have done it when I made my first complaint with Survey Spot! Common sense tells you that if someone spends 60 minutes on a survey answering questions, then you get an error and don't get credit, that the survey messed up. So If there intentions were in good faith they would have settled it long time ago, before it came this far to reporting it to BBB! So nothing they have done so far has been in good faith, just to try to screw me out of $3.00 for 60 minutes worth of work!

Good for you. Thanks for taking the time to stand up to these dishonest survey companies. Do they really think we are going to waste the time to file a complaint if we didn't complete the survey? That's why we file the complaint, because we are tired of spending time only to be ripped off.

I applaud you for making the complaint. Most people are too lazy and spend more time taking surveys for nothing. If they would just take a couple minutes more, they would get their money and show the survey companies that we aren't going to take it. I have made 4 BBB complaints and got the points or money for 3. The last one I am still waiting on as I just made the complaint this week. It is for 50 cents. I don't give a darn how small it is. If the survey companies think it is so important to rip us off for pennies, I feel it is important enough to file a complaint.

My next BBB complaint will be for Say Nation for not paying the 25 points (about 2 cents) that they say they do when you DQ. It has happend 3 times in the past couple weeks and I am waiting a few more days for their response before I file the BBB complaint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad I signed up with Survey Police. I just had a problem with Survey Pro. I really wasn't sure it was Survey Pro problem but found that a company they wanted me to sign up with for a free trial ($4 credit) wanted my credit card info. My normal practice when this happens is to go to ripoff report and check the company out - there were 15 complaints. I got off that site and wrote an email to Survey Pro. See I the reason I didn't Survey Pro was wrong, at first, was because they were just offering me $4 to evaluate a company, they wouldn't be responsible for the company's business practices. But then I thought - if I trusted Survey Pro then I might have just tried the company out without checking. That's what made me come to the Survey Police site and check them out here. What I've read here makes me want to just cancel my membership - I've supposedly made a little money, I've only been with them for 2 months but if people who have been with them for up to a year are having problems maybe I should read the writing on the wall and get out NOW! Thanks people, I really appreciate the heads up.