Filed 2 More BBB Complaints, Lightspeed and GTM

Whatatay

I just filled two more complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

The first one was for Global Test Market. I completed two 35 point surveys on April 2, 2010. I did not receive credit for either one of them. I emailed their support and received a reply telling me to reply with the survey numbers if the points are not posted to my account in 7 days. Seven days later I replied with the survey numbers. I never heard back and the points were not posted. I filed a complaint with the BBB for $3.50.

The second complaint was for Lightspeed. I took a 50 point survey on April 9, 2010 and didn't get credit. I sent an email to [email protected] including a time and date stamped screen shot of the last page of the survey as proof that I completed it. I never received a reply. On April 14, 2010 I again emailed [email protected] and stated that I would file a complaint with the BBB if the points were not posted to my account by April 15, 2010. The points were not posted and I never received a reply so I filed a complaint with the BBB for 50 points, approximately 50 cents.

Lightspeed has an F rating with the BBB with 109 complaints.

It is amazing that Global Test Market has an A+ rating yet they have quite a few complaints.

I got a reply from Global test market today, but not because of the BBB complaint. They said I screened out of one of the surveys that I didn't get credit for. Oh really? I have two time and dated stamped screen shots, one showing the last page of the survey and one showing the page after I completed it. I sent them the two screen shots and told them what the survey was about. How would I know what the survey was about if I screened out? Freaking scammers. I will just wait for the BBB to do their thing.

Global Test market emailed me again and said they gave me 20 points ($1.00) for my trouble. I replied telling them this was not good enough since they owed me 70 ($3.50) and that I would let the BBB handle it. The next day the main company of GTM replied to the complaint at the BBB website saying there system shows I screened out of the surveys. I replied saying there is something seriously wrong with their system saying I screened out and not giving points. I told them of the screen shots of the survey completion screens I have, as well as what the surveys were about, something I wouldn't know if I screened out.

Today I went to check my GTM account to verify what my points were before taking a 35 points survey to make sure I get credit. I found GTM had added 70 points to my account. So I got the 70 points I was owed plus the 20 they previously gave me "for my trouble". I would have been happy with just another 50 points added to the 20 points they already gave me but I will keep the 20 as I deserve extra for the hassle.

That's 3 out of 4 BBB complaints that have been resolved with these survey companies. This GTM one took less than a week to resolve. I am still waiting on the Lightspeed one but they have a BBB rating of 'F' so I am not expecting much.

Scored 4 resolutions out of 4 BBB complaint so far.

Just got an email that the BBB received a response from Lightspeed and to check the BBB complaint status. It says they credited my account 50 points and I verified that it was there.

Thanks for the news on your B.B.B. complaints. How do you get a screen shot that is time stamped and dated?

When you get to the last page of the survey, move your mouse cursor over the time in the task bar at the lower right of your screen. A little box or bubble will come up showing the date. Then press the "Print Scrn" key on your keyboard. The screen shot will now be saved to your clip board. Then open up Microsoft Paint and press and hold the "Ctrl" key and then press the "v" key. They will paste the screen shot to the Paint program. The go to "file" at the top left of the Paint screen and save it as a JPEG file in case you have to email it to the survey company. If you save it as a BMP bitmap, it will be too large.

Note: If you wait too long with your mouse over the time in the task bar before pressing the "Print Scrn" key, the date will disappear and won't come back when you move your mouse cursor over it again. To fix this, double click on the time in the task bar and it will bring up a window with a calendar and the time. Click on "cancel" or "okay" to close the window and then put your cursor over the time in the task bar and the date will come up again.