Spam

jellyfish

I am grateful there is now a way to report spam here - however, how often is someone actually looking into these complaints? I reported spam several hours ago and it is still there, and I have received no response nor any indication that my complaint was even received.

I would think the fiasco last summer would have made this an important issue to address promptly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The spam is being taken care of as it is tagged. Not everything that you think is spam is against our TOU. While we appreciate your interest in the Survey Police forums, please remember that you are a not a moderator. It is not your job to correct or harass other members of this forum--including the moderators. If you think something is spam, please report it as such. Rest assured that it will be looked into, but as previously mentioned, it may not be a violation of our TOU as we, the owners/operators of the board, interpret them.

The spam is being taken care of as it is tagged. Not everything that you think is spam is against our TOU. While we appreciate your interest in the Survey Police forums, please remember that you are a not a moderator. It is not your job to correct or harass other members of this forum--including the moderators. If you think something is spam, please report it as such. Rest assured that it will be looked into, but as previously mentioned, it may not be a violation of our TOU as we, the owners/operators of the board, interpret them.

I never claimed to be a moderator, nor do I have any desire to be one. However I think it would be extremely beneficial to the community if you were more active in these forums. It is frustrating to report something then have it not addressed for a long time if at all, thus I have stopped reporting. There is a lot that goes on that needs your attention, and I am not the only one who feels frustrated and abandonded by the owners/operators of this board. Look how long it took to get a response from you to this thread - 4 1/2 months. If you recall last year or so, when horrible images were being posted here & were reported but left up for quite some time; and you then shut the board down completely for what seemed a year.

I completely agree that it's not my job, it's yours. I hope to see more activity & presence by the mods/owners/operators in the future. I think this site has a lot of potential if ratings are kept up to date and spam is kept at a minimum.

But maybe my opinion doesn't matter - which is what I'm thinking is the case.

All reported posts are read and evaluated by moderators. At this point in time, we've chosen to have our moderators in a behind the scenes role. I will not argue that fact or engage in any further explanation. As said, your concerns have been noted, and will be taken into account should the future find us reevaluating our position on the matter.

We appreciate your interest in our boards. However,if our philosophy of management is one that you simply can not abide by, we understand if you need to find a board that better meets your needs.

All reported posts are read and evaluated by moderators. At this point in time, we've chosen to have our moderators in a behind the scenes role. I will not argue that fact or engage in any further explanation. As said, your concerns have been noted, and will be taken into account should the future find us reevaluating our position on the matter.

We appreciate your interest in our boards. However,if our philosophy of management is one that you simply can not abide by, we understand if you need to find a board that better meets your needs.

It's the community's needs, not just mine. And no, I won't leave unless I get booted out of here. :)

I will no longer be bothering admin about this issue, I have received a "board warning" and I will leave it up to other members to report spam & post about it in threads if they see fit. Sorry to have apparently caused so much trouble by trying to help.

Any board member who thinks that a post is spam should hit the report button. However, please refrain from posting to the thread as such since it is the moderator's job to actually decide what does and does not qualify as spam. This is to protect members who are not actually violating our TOU from being bombarded with unwarranted, chastising posts. Plus, if the poster is truly a spammer, he frequently doesn't actually see your post anyway, since he's already long gone.

Also, the Survey Takers Lounge is for off topic posting. If you are not interested in reading posts that are not about surveys, it would probably be best to stay away from that board.