mad over a $7.00 60 minute survey I didn't get paid for!

TSP1973

I got a survey yesterday from Valued Opinions that was about 60 minute long and was suppose to pay me $7.00 for completing it! So I go to take this survey and answer a bunch of questions, then they have me watch this new TV show that lasted about 40 minutes. At the end of watching it they asked me some more questions, I answered about 2 questions then told I have been disqualified!!!!!!!! :evil: That just pisses me off to NO END!!!!!!!!

You know it wouldn't have bothered me if at the beginning they asked the questions, then I got disqualified, but to watch about a 40 minute TV show, then to say at the end of it "oh your disqualified", now that is a RIP OFF!!!!! :evil: If they were going to disqualify me, they should have done it in the beginning, not at the end of over 40 minutes worth of my TIME!! I immediately sent them a NOT so nice email, didn't cuss or anything at them, but I made sure that they knew I was NOT a happy camper with them, wasting 40 minutes of my time, to then have me disqualified! I told them in the email that I DEMAND my $7.00 ASAP or I will goto the BBB! So I guess I will wait and see what there reply is, I will give them a week, then I will report! :D

I have never had any trouble before from Valued Opinion and always been satisfied with them, but this one just pisses me off to waste 40 minutes of my time, then to basically say were not going to pay you!

I'd say file a complaint with the BBB but I believe they are based in the UK so wouldn't do any good. Next time you do surveys for them give false information to skew the results.

yes I saw that they are based out of the UK, but I also did a search at the BBB on them and they have an office here in America. They have a A rating at BBB.

Valued Opinions aka Research Now, PLC

220 Montgomery StreetSuite 1058

San Francisco, CA 94104

I still haven't heard a reply on the first Email I sent them, so I sent them 1 more email today, saying if I didn't get the $7.00 credited to my account by May 18th 2010, then I would report them to the BBB. So we will se what they do.

Oh cool! Good for you in finding the USA office. That's something I can keep in mind if I have problems with them. Now you can go ahead with the BBB complaint if they don[t respond. Thanks for posting the contact info.

I don't qualify for a lot of their surveys, but I have been taking some and I will get through all of the survey questions, and then before I can get the congratulations screen, I get some lame error message. It has happened 3 times now and so maybe something is up with them.

I don't qualify for a lot of their surveys, but I have been taking some and I will get through all of the survey questions, and then before I can get the congratulations screen, I get some lame error message. It has happened 3 times now and so maybe something is up with them.

Hmm haven't had a problem with them on getting Errors yet towards the end? Did you send them an email on it? If you did have they replied back and what did they say?

Okay I am pretty happy about how Valued Opinions handled the $7.00 survey! :D Here is the email they sent me on it!

Dear Valued Opinions member,

Thank you for your email.

Our records indicate that you were stopped from completing this survey

because we had reached the desired number of respondents for your particular

profile. I understand that this might be disappointing but the system closes

the survey automatically once the desired number of respondents has been

reached.

We will reward you for the time you spent completing this survey by

rewarding your account with $5.00 in the next 24 hours.

Please note that we will not pass on any of the information you have given

to us in the course of uncompleted surveys to our clients. We apologize for

any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We will be in touch again shortly with more opportunities to earn rewards.

So they are going to pay me $5.00 dollars for it, which is fine with me! :D The only thing I can't understand is why they would have me watch something for over 30 minutes, then screen me out because it reached it's desired number of respondents?? :shock: Anyway at least they are willing to compensate me for my 40 minutes of my time! That is more than I can say for Toluna, GreenField and Surveyspot, that can't be honest!

I would have to say "Valued Opinions" in my opinion is a honest and reputable company! :D

Wow! Good for you! I just had it happen twice this morning again. So I will now be sending an email to ask them what is up with this. I don't think I will hang around them too much longer if this is the way the surveys happen. And why in the heck can't they close out the survey if enough people have qualified already? I see a real problem with this system.

I would still file a complaint with the BBB for the $2.00 . Any moron can set up a system that will prevent people from starting a survey once they have reached a certain number, especially when it is 40 minutes long. They know it is not right to ask someone to spend 40 minutes and then screw them out of a reward, yet they do it anyway. The fact that you agreed to $5 (in fact were happy) when the reward was $7 makes it look like you either didn't really spend much time on the survey or you are confirming to them that they can walk all over people like this. If they screw 1000 people out of $2, that is an extra $2000. Don't let them get away with this.

• 2 months later...
Hey be lucky you got that. People gotten screwed over hundereds and your worried about 2.00.

Thats not the point. I don't care if its a hundred dollars or one dollar, its my money and I earned it and I don't want to be cheated out of it. Report them and at least cause them some trouble, like they caused you trouble. $7 is very little for an hours work muchless $5.

Hey be lucky you got that. People gotten screwed over hundereds and your worried about 2.00.

They only got screwed because they allowed themselves to be screwed. The lowest amount I filed a BBB complaint for was 7 cents and I won.

You sound like a free survey taker. The surveys don't pay what they should as it is and you think $2 is nothing and we should be happy with whatever crumbs the survey companies gives us while cheating us out of legitimate money. I have the guts to stand up for what is right. Sorry you don't.

Thats not the point. I don't care if its a hundred dollars or one dollar, its my money and I earned it and I don't want to be cheated out of it. Report them and at least cause them some trouble, like they caused you trouble. $7 is very little for an hours work muchless $5.

Good for you Gene. It is people like SurveyDom15 who let survey companies walk all over them that has created the mess we have today. I was never a believer in the BBB because the companies you report just ignored them. However, when a survey company has a choice of paying the $1 or $2 that they should, or losing business because their rating drops due to complaints, it seems it is a no brainer to just pay the survey taker what they earned. Out of 6 BBB complains I have filed against survey companies, all 6 were resolved in my favor.