Just fiiled to more complaints with the BBB

TSP1973

I filed yesterday with the BBB on Opinion Outpost on a survey for 30 points. I did this survey back in March and spent around 30 minutes on it, at the end it had me download some program to my computer. Well in there surveys page it sat as started several weeks. I sent them an email about getting the points, they told me that the program on my computer has to run for at least 35 days. So I waited and waited and waited. Well finally last week I sent them a message on it asking for credit. They told me they haven't heard anything back from the company and told me agian how you had to have the program activated on your computer for 35 days and that it takes 3-6 weeks to get credit on this survey. So I sent them a email back saying fine, you don't want to give me credit, then I will go to the BBB! So I did!

I am going to file one on Mindfeild today at the BBB! For a survey worth $7.00 back in april 26th I did and a survey worth $6.00 on may 1st I did. They always show that it takes 10-14 days for credit, well it is well past the 10-14 days and no credit. I sent them an email about it on May 22nd and still havent heard anything or gotten any credit for it. So I am going to the BBB today and file a complaint about them also! :(

Well when I filed a complaint yesterday on Mindfeild with the BBB, I sent them a Email informing them that I field a complaint with the BBB. Well today I got this in my email on the response about informing to them that I field a complaint.

Flag this message

RE: MF Contact Form: I have reported you to the BBB

Friday, May 28, 2010 10:30 AM

"Mindfield Support"

Add sender to Contacts

To:

"[email protected]"

Mindfield User,

We credited your account for these two surveys however both of these surveys had just closed within the past 2-3 days. Our invites state you receive credit 10-14 days after the close of a survey and in this case would have put crediting in the first week of June. We realize that you took the surveys a month ago, these two surveys were open for a long time so many of our panel members could complete. We are sorry we didn’t respond to your email on the 22nd earlier.

Thanks,

Yea right I am sure they just closed conveniently in the past 2 days, amazingly just before I field my complaint! Plus I am sure they are really sorry that they didn't respond to my email from the 22nd, well I highly dought they were ever going to. Amazing how when you mention the BBB in emails to these company's, they respond really quick. But if you ask nicely about being credited and don't mention the BBB, they take slower than a seven year itch!

Well looks like Opinion Outpost isn't budging at all, even after I told them that I was going to report them to the BBB. They simple refuse to give me the points. So I wrote back to them today telling them that I already filed a complaint with the BBB the day they sent me a reply back and it became apparent that they weren't going to give me my credit for doing the survey. I also wrote to them that I made a post at surveypolice.com about this and ripoffreport.com also. Anyway here is the emails between us.

Flag this message

RE: Member Feedback on Survey Problem (Survey: 36083003) (Thread:2231856)

Friday, May 28, 2010 2:26 PM

"[email protected]"

Add sender to Contacts

To:

"'shea benefiel'"

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, and appreciate your patience in this matter. We will check on this, and once we can confirm that you have downloaded this program to your computer, we will award the points to your account.

Also, please send us a screen shot of the "Add or Remove Programs" that shows of having this installed and make sure to check the date it was last used. We need this to look into this better.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this survey.

Thank you,

Melody

Panel Support Representative

Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 3:29 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: RE: Member Feedback on Survey Problem (Survey: 36083003) (Thread:2231856)

Okay fine you don't want to give me my points for spending my valuable time, then fine I will report you to the BBB!

--- On Thu, 5/27/10, [email protected] wrote:

Subject: RE: Member Feedback on Survey Problem (Survey: 36083003) (Thread:2231856)

Date: Thursday, May 27, 2010, 11:46 AM

We haven't received your ID in the reports our client has sent, that is why

points were not yet awarded. Keep in mind, an accurate name and address must

be provided as part of your member profile in order for you to receive the

points. This study is interested in your internet experiences and

activities. Your activities will be used to provide feedback to major media

corporations. If you keep the software in your computer for at least 35

days, you should be getting your credit 4-6 weeks after the download. The

survey would still sit as started in your account until it closes.

A good indication that the Nielsen Online software is running on your system

is to refer to the Windows Task Manager: Right click on an empty space on

your computer's task bar (the bar that contains your PC's start

button).1.Select "Task Manager"(You can also display the "Task Manager" by

pressing the CTRL, ALT and DELETE buttons simultaneously) 2. A new window

should appear listing all the programs that your PC is currently running.

Nielsen Online software is fully activated if it is a listed task with the

status of running.

Below are some of the reasons why your ID is not yet reported by the client:

1.) you may have not downloaded the software properly.

2.) You may have not met the 35 day requirements and removed the meter from

your computer or deleted it and reinstalled the program.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, and appreciate your

patience in this matter. We will check on this, and once we can confirm that

you have downloaded this program to your computer, we will award the points

to your account.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding

this survey.

Thanks for your understanding,

Melody

Panel Support Representative

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 12:41 AM

Subject: Member Feedback on Survey Problem (Survey: 36083003)

(Thread:2231856)

The Following is Website Feedback

-----------------------------------------

Member: (Member ID: 7932237)

Username: [email protected]

Date: Monday, May 24, 2010

Panel: OO

ClientID: 114

Member Feedback on Survey Problem (Survey: 36083003)

-----------------------------------------

I completed this survey 2 months and 2 weeks ago and even downloaded the

program that was asked of me and used it. I still have NOT been given my

credit of 30 points! This is ridiculous to what OVER 2 1/2 months for

points on a survey that was FULLY completed! I ask that the 30 points be

put in my account ASAP!

hope you get your points.

never install crap on you pc. no matter the reward.

agree with that

as far as OO, have you sent them a screenshot yet showing that the software is installed? seems like they're willing to work with you here

hope you get your points.

never install crap on you pc. no matter the reward.

agree with that

as far as OO, have you sent them a screenshot yet showing that the software is installed? seems like they're willing to work with you here

I no longer have the program, I deleted it on May 27th, when it became apparent in there email that they were not going to pay me. Nothing was said in that email about a screen shot. You see the email on May 27th is the same automated email I got from them back in March. Then on may 28th I didn't get the automated message but a different one after I said I would report them to the BBB. In that one they asked for a screen shot, but I had already deleted it. After getting the message from them on the 28th I sent them one back telling them I deleted the program and gave them the dates I put in a compliant at the BBB and ripoffreport.com, I also told them about this post I made here, informing people about the scam that they have pulled on me! You see I don't think they are willing to work with me on it. I been given the same automated messages before, it has been past the time for the program to be on my computer and past the 6 weeks now. But they are still claiming they have received nothing back. So basically I think they have pulled a scam on me and are basically trying to get out of paying.

And yes this will be the last time I will download anything on my computer, I have learned my lesson! :D