Another request for address details

oldchap

Had a survey from YouGov - on the first page they asked for details (some like name, e-mail age etc they already have) but then wanted my full postal address. Comment

We would like to collect your details to ensure our records are up to date on the panel, and to understand the profile of your local area.

Please be assured that your details will be kept securely and used for no other purpose. Your answers to this survey will remain anonymous. Please can you tell us the following...

I ticked the box that I did not want to give the information & it took me to survey. But concerned that some companies seem to be asking for this detail (I've had others). Surely my postcode (zip) gives locality information?

• Like 1

zip codes cover a fairly large geographic area. Why don't they just ask for zip+4 and let you enter it or let you find it via the US Postal link like some surveys do. Some ask for name which I will not give unless it's for a product test.

3 hours ago, JD said:

zip codes cover a fairly large geographic area. Why don't they just ask for zip+4 and let you enter it or let you find it via the US Postal link like some surveys do. Some ask for name which I will not give unless it's for a product test.

Sometimes they don't ask for your name until AFTER you complete the survey. What do you do in that situation because I feel like if you don't provide your name, they will DQ you even though you finished the survey minus the last question.

• Like 2

I got that same one Oldchap.  I didn't give it, why do they need that?  I am also getting that question on the 60 point surveys on Swagbucks.  I gave it once, a while back, but I haven't done so since.  They zipcode pretty much gives them an idea where you live.  I always wondered if that was where some of my junk mail comes from, answering questions like that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, spider said:

Sometimes they don't ask for your name until AFTER you complete the survey. What do you do in that situation because I feel like if you don't provide your name, they will DQ you even though you finished the survey minus the last question.

Well on Tellwut I X out and submit a request for credit as Tellwut states they should not be asking for this info. Tellwut has never not credited me when this shows up.

• Like 1

I'll give zip code and that's it. They don't need an address for you to fill out a survey. Only the company that pays us needs that.