Question about participating in on-line focus groups.

annemouse

Hi all! I'm new to taking surveys - I've been doing it for about 6 weeks. I passed an initial screener to take part in an on-line focus group. I never heard back so I guess they filled up or something. After I got the email, I realized that I have never IM or chatted before. And maybe they checked my profiles and realized that. Maybe they figured that I wouldn't know what to do.

So my question is: Is there something I have to download to be able to join online focus groups? Is there somewhere I can go to practice? Any hints? I've googled and googled, but am not really getting anywhere. I saw that if I joined msn i needed to download a program and yahoo too. Are these programs always necessary to chat?

Hope that makes sense.

PS. I love the site and have joined many sites using surveypolice. I can't find a link to donate.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes there can be something you need to download. If you do not have it you can not take it. Usually they will send out an email for you to go to the link.

I have never had to download anything to take part in a survey or a online forum, maybe you are looking in the wrong places.

Check out all the verified sites on here, you will find one thatls right for you. If your in the UK and want referring to any sites send me a private message and I'll point you to some good sites.

Happy surveying

:)

• 2 years later...

Welcome annemouse! I'm with focus forward online through Survey Police. I've only done surveys for them, but I know they do focus panels. I've heard some sites want you to download and others that don't require it. Also, www.amylyn.org is a website that will has a list of focus panel groups that they consider to be legitimate. Good luck!

Welcome annemouse! I'm with focus forward online through Survey Police. I've only done surveys for them, but I know they do focus panels. I've heard some sites want you to download and others that don't require it. Also, http://www.amylyn.org is a website that will has a list of focus panel groups that they consider to be legitimate. Good luck!

Since annemouse made a single post, this one in May 2008, I doubt he/she is around to take advantage of your wisdom.