Invoke Research - possible incorrect payment? do they ever reply to emails?

lovexrin

I did a session for them at the beginning of May. Incentive was a $35 giftPASS that the Invoke website says should be sent by around 10 weeks.

About 5 weeks later I received a Paypal payment for $15 "for *specific brand* Interactive Study" . Well, I've only done one Interactive study, and it was for *specific brand*. It was signed from a first name/last initial, but my Invoke invite does not list any names on it. So, I have NO CLUE if this payment was from them, cause if it was, it was obviously the wrong amount/different method. And if this wasn't from them (but they're the only study of that nature I'd participated in...) then I simply haven't been paid. I'm miffed. The Paypal email was the One Opinon company email but I can't recall if they're the one that directed me to the Invoke study, or if they can tell me anything if I email them.

It's been almost 14 weeks. I have emailed Invoke two, just now three, times in the past 5 weeks (the first, asking if this payment was from them; the second time, I didn't bother mentioning it and inquired about my payment instead. Nothing. No response.

The most recent discussion I could find on Invoke was from 2016. Some people said they'd eventually get paid after emailing but that's not getting me anywhere. Can't find anything regarding incorrect payment either. Has something changed with the company? I'm not sure what else to try...

It's Invoke.. Apparently they process payment though One Opinion. I don't even have a One Opinion account. I was told they would pay through referring panel which for me was IGC. So I emailed Invoke about 20 times until they finally emailed back and said that I needed to contact One Opinion. They then tell me they were paying via PayPal. Email member services (all one word) at OneOpinion dot com 

Yeah, the payment I'm thinking it was was from One Opinion. I emailed them this morning to confirm and they looked into it. Apparently, " unfortunately, not all the requirements were met within the session to receive the full incentive. "
It really grinds my gears since my email invite says this: "You will need to actively participate and complete the entire session (approximately 90 minutes) in order to receive a $35 giftcard PASS. You will not be eligible for the incentive for partial participation."
So they changed my payment method too (which, Paypal is fine , but still). I'm baffled since I was there for the entire study and made a point to type out long and thoughtful replies when prompted as well. Maybe I'm being cynical here but it makes me wonder if they're using it as an excuse to underpay since hey, I can't prove it. Why would they do a supposed partial payment if their invite specifically says they do not do that?
I don't know. If I ever get another invite I'd consider giving them one more shot and if that goes poorly too or the same thing happens, I wouldn't do it again. Hopefully this post helps someone else out sometime.

• Like 1