Who's Spamming?

Not-a-Sucker

I would love to know who has been selling my e-mail address. In five hours, I got 50 spam messages sent to my address. It's bad enough they make mucho dinero on our opinions and pay us squat, but to also make money by selling the e-mail addresses adds insult to injury. Does anyone else have this problem?

Did you sign up with one of those survey sites, that also has a lot of offers you could sign up for? Been my experience if you sign up with one of those sites, even though you don't sign up for any offers, you will start getting a lot of spam! Not sure if that is it, that is the only thing I can think of that might have caused the spam problem for you?

Nope, did not sign up for any of those. The only thing I can think of is the two newer ones I signed on with, Socratic Forum and Focus Forward. I just deleted 58 more!

Sry don't know what else to tell you then? Try to make sure that when you get them you mark them as spam, this can help so that your email can identify better which ones are spam and aren't. But if that dosen't work to well, you might just have to close out your email. I had to do that with hotmail, was getting so much spam in my regular inbox, it wasn't even funny. I was getting like 200 plus a day. So finally had to just close it out! I hope it doesn't get that bad for you! I know how much spam is irritating!

58 sounds like they are just trying to drive you crazy. I was getting some after signing up with one of the sites that has all thos eoffers. I did open one and found a fine print at the bottom that said I could unsubscribe. And I did. It took a long time to go thorugh them all, but I did stop receiving spams from them. Of course it could all start up again.

You know what amazes me about these company's that spam you constantly, is that they don't realize that it really is irritating to the person getting the spam and turns them off from there company! :D

Ohhh wait I think I have a better Idea why they keep spamming people and won't stop! It is the VERY, VERY, VERY few IDIOTS out there that do actually answer the spam! So if they can get just a few idiots to answer the spam and make money from them, then they will keep doing it! :lol: