Avoid Hotspex--They're Cheating People!

bwshook

I've been a member of Hotspex for some time now, and recently reached a level of earnings where I could claim two (2) $20 Amazon Gift Cards. I filed my claim two months ago with Hotspex, received a fairly quick email response from them telling me I had to click on a link they provided to get the proper claim form to fill out and return to them so they could process my claim and send me my earnings; and each time I click on the link to do so, I get the message "Adobe Reader has encountered a problem and must close".

I've contacted Hotspex four times now, and have receive no response. I've always had the most current Adobe Reader. I've been ripped off $40.00 in addition to the time I've spent taking their surveys. They have great surveys; but don't waste your time with them. Find another survey site.

File a BBB complaint and a complaint at Ripoffreport.com. Then as soon as you have done that, send them an email letting them know that you have filed with both company's, plus mention that you made a post on Surveypolice.com forums informing people about the bad experience with there company. Sometimes this can get them moving to get you the money! But sometimes it doesn't work either, then you just have to let the BBB and stuff take its course.

• 4 weeks later...

I've contacted Hotspex four times now, and have receive no response. I've always had the most current Adobe Reader. I've been ripped off $40.00 in addition to the time I've spent taking their surveys.

No, you were ripped off because you allowed yourself to be ripped off. Have you filed a BBB complaint? I have filed complaints against survey companies for as little as 7 cents worth of points and they have always been resolved in my favor. Apparently $40, plus you time is nothing, if you can't be bothered to take 3 minutes to file a BBB complaint online. That would do a hell of a lot more to get these survey companies to stop cheating people than posting your message here.

As long as people are willing to take this crap, that is what we will continue to get.

I'm waiting the allotted 6 weeks before I file a complaint with BBB. According to Hotspex's payment information 4-6 weeks is when to expect payment. I've got one week and five days before I can file.

• 2 weeks later...
Only two days left now, lol.

Something tells me you'll be getting your chance to file a complaint! I've still heard nothing.

Yeah, I agree. I did see that Hotspex is now listed at the BBB. That will help me out when filling out the complaint. I can't wait until I can delete my account with this horrible company.

Guest Anonymous

No cash or paypal I stay away. Only reason I am with Valued opions for amazon is because they pay good surveys. I usually get 2-6 dollars from them not no crappy .50 1.50 surveys from Toluna, Clearvoice etc..

Only two days left now, lol.

Something tells me you'll be getting your chance to file a complaint! I've still heard nothing.

Yeah, I agree. I did see that Hotspex is now listed at the BBB. That will help me out when filling out the complaint. I can't wait until I can delete my account with this horrible company.

Me too - so glad to hear they're listed now though!

I looked them up on the BBB site and found them too; however it states that no complaints have been filed against them. I sent the BBB an email just now, inquiring about the status of my complaint and also asking why my complaint (or the fact that there is a complaint) isn't noted.

also asking why my complaint (or the fact that there is a complaint) isn't noted.

Now that is a Excellent question you asked them! :D Let us know what there response is to that? I would love to see how they try to explain that one away, given the fact that they company has had people filed agaisnt them! :D

Another thing is that I have heard a lot of people complain about this company and have also complained about Survey Spot! But yet in the the "General Online Surveys Discussion" part of the forums the Administrator has got these listed as "legitimate online survey companies" for the UK and Canada??????? :shock:

Question to the Administrator: are you even reading these forums???? I am not trying to be a smart ass or starting any trouble or anything, but when I read all these problems from people posting here about these 2 companys and then see you put them in a category as " legitimate online survey companies", sorry but I do have to question this?? :shock:

also asking why my complaint (or the fact that there is a complaint) isn't noted.

Now that is a Excellent question you asked them! :D Let us know what there response is to that? I would love to see how they try to explain that one away, given the fact that they company has had people filed agaisnt them! :D

Another thing is that I have heard a lot of people complain about this company and have also complained about Survey Spot! But yet in the the "General Online Surveys Discussion" part of the forums the Administrator has got these listed as "legitimate online survey companies" for the UK and Canada??????? :shock:

Question to the Administrator: are you even reading these forums???? I am not trying to be a smart ass or starting any trouble or anything, but when I read all these problems from people posting here about these 2 companys and then see you put them in a category as " legitimate online survey companies", sorry but I do have to question this?? :shock:

Well, I received a response from them but it's a status update; no indication why my complaint is still not listed. In fact, I don't think they even submitted my complaint to Hotspex until they received my email; the status update states the complaint was given to Hotspex today at 11:21:32 a.m. for their response.

I don't think Admin reads these forums very often if ever. They seem to be unmoderated for the most part, which has caused many a problem at times. I've got several threads going in the website suggestions forum that are being completely ignored by Admin. So don't hold your breath waiting to hear back. This site could be great, but with it being ignored by Admin & not updated it isn't such a reliable source of info. Some people would take those statements & ratings at face value, but if they looked here in the forums they would see a whole different side of it. There was a time that Hotspex (Carly to be exact) was emailing panel members asking them to give a favorable rating on here! I found that to be uncouth at the very least. There is a thread started in one of the forums, I think the one about your favorite survey panel and the thread's entitled "hotspex for fun". Someone posted how wonderful hotspex was, and this was right after I'd gotten an email from Carly asking for a favorable rating here. I haven't liked the way they've done business for a long time. I cannot wait until I can resign from their panel for good. I can't imagine they will stay in business for long with the way they are treating people.