Hotspex For Fun!

Tarrie

Hotspex doesn't really offer a lot of incentive, but I really have a great time with their surveys. You never know what they are going to be asking. They also come up with really creative ways to allow you to reply to their questions. One of the best parts of Hotspex is that occassionally they let you know how one of the surveys you took influenced a company's decision for product or packaging design. You find out what company and see the end product/design! I don't know about you, but I think it's great to see that surveys really DO influence companies. Anyways, if you're just looking for a survey to have a whole lot of fun with, and an occassional incentive, check out Hotspex!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• jb142653

• Tarrie

• kjeanw

I don't want fun, I want the incentive! I have been a member with them for a while now and rarely get surveys, and have still not accumulated enought points to cash them out. "Carly" sent an email yesterday (not the first time either) asking me to rate them highly on Survey Police - I wrote her back and said that if she wants a high rating from me, they need to send out more surveys.

Way to go Jellyfish! I did the same thing with the e-mail I got yesterday from Carly. I did however give them a rating on here, a truthful one, not the kind she was looking for. I don't do surveys because I have plenty of time to waste, I do them for the incentives. Yes, Hotspex surveys are fun, but that's not enough for me. In 3 months, I've received 1 survey from them.

Thank you, thank you very much.

8)

Seriously though, I haven't had any other survey company ask me to give them a favorable rating anywhere, yet I've received not one but TWO requests from HotSpex for this since I've been a member.

No offense to the OP of this thread, but the timing of this and when that email from Carly went out are pretty coincidental, aren't they? :?:

No offense taken jellyfish. The timing of this isn't coincidental. I was happy to post for Carly. I actually receive several surveys a month from Hotspex. I guess I'm just in a different place than others here. I like the concept that surveys can make a difference. Besides, I haven't found any sites yet that offer the kind of payout that many of you are talking about. I suppose if I answer the qualifying questions inaccurately I would get a much bigger payout in the end, but that's not me. (Not indicating that anyone else here does.) I suppose if I was to receive big payouts, I would feel the same way as anyone else here. How do you get those payouts? I would really like to jump on board, but haven't figured it out yet! Any suggestions?

I guess I have a real problem with Carly sending out these letters encouraging us to come here and rate/review HotSpex. This site is supposed to have objective opinions of survey takers. If you look at the reviews for HotSpex on surveypolice.com, you will see clusters of them on the same date several times - you can tell when she has sent those letters out asking members to comment! I don't think that's right. It's giving a false impression of their site IMO. I think that is why they are rated so high, and that's not fair. If you look at the reviews from people at other times you will see a lot more dissatisfaction. I'm not saying they're not legit, fun, whatever. What I am saying is that for a lot of people, including myself, I get very few surveys and am not happy with not being able to cash out after all this time.

I do not answer qualifying questions inaccurately. My family spans a fairly wide age range and we fit in to a lot of demographics. I don't qualify for all surveys by any means. And I am not getting rich off of doing surveys either. But an extra $5 or $10 here & there is really helpful. Sites like HotSpex are a waste of time for me for the most part because I have still gotten nothing out of it. My time is valuable too and IMO they do not reward that as well as other sites do.

If you can get in with Pinecone (there are threads about that here) you will get paid for every survey you do. I don't get a lot from them anymore, but whenever I do I get paid promptly.

mysurvey is a great one as well. You accumulate points for surveys taken and once you reach 1,000 you can request payment of $10. I have made a nice amount of money from them over the several years I've been a member. They always pay and resolve any issues that might come up.

I have had good luck with SurveySpot - you do a lot of surveys that just end in sweepstakes entries, but a lot of them are also ones that pay. You just have to be diligent and keep taking their surveys to get to the ones that pay. I have made more money from them than any other site overall, I believe. Others have had problems with them but I have not.

Opinion Outpost also pays, but I have found it hard to qualify for a lot of their surveys - this is only my experience. I am not dissatisfied with them at all; in fact I would still take them over HotSpex.

Lightspeed panel is great for getting Amazon GC's, etc. I have gotten a LOT of GC's from them; the major down side of Lightspeed though is that they NEVER answer emails. NEVER. I have had to file a complaint here about my points wrongfully being taken away and the matter was finally resolved but they still never wrote back to me. :roll: I am back to doing surveys for them though, and am raking in the Amazon GC's. :)

I hope this helps; feel free to ask me any questions if you want. Not that I'm an expert BY FAR but I will help in any way I can.

~jellyfish :)

jellyfish,

In no means whatsoever was I insinuating that you answered qualifying questions inaccurately. I would like to appologize for any misconceptions that may have come across. My comment was out of my own frustration of not understanding why I rarely qualify....not of how others qualify. I have read postings from individuals who claim to make a full time living off of taking surveys. Husband stays home with kids now because of survey income, etc. It was just a little, to say the least, mind boggling! :shock:

I do agree with your logic about Carly. I was unaware that she sent large influxes of requests to promote Hotspex. (Although I really do feel that Hotspex is fun!) My posting to this site was my first visit and I guess I was too naive to see what was going on behind the scenes. I'll have to work on that :roll:

I want to thank you for the site suggestions. Some I belong to, some I don't, but I'll be sure to check them out! I'm especially intrigued about Pinecone. Ive read bits and pieces on this site about them but had never heard their name mentioned prior to coming here. Any tips I should know about them would be great! :D

Thanks again for setting me straight! :oops:

No apology was necessary; I just wanted to set the record straight is all. :) I have no idea how anyone makes a living off of doing surveys - I don't make all that much but as I stated previously every little bit helps. I love it when I get a check in the mail!

Don't be hard on yourself. I really didn't think too much about it when I got her first request to come to this site to give a review for them. But when the second one came last week, and I hadn't gotten hardly any surveys from them recently, I started thinking about it more. The more I thought about it, the more it ticked me off. So, if they want to keep sending me these requests I am going to keep giving my HONEST opinion here. :wink:

Pinecone isn't the easiest to get in with - you have to watch sites for Pinecone banners. It takes some diligence. There are sites on the 'net that are devoted to watching for Pinecone banners - you can probably Google this and find them fairly easily.

Pinecone is great - they pay you promptly for every survey you take. I am still getting $5 per survey from them, but people who sign up now I believe get $3 per survey. I usually receive a check from them within a week of completing a survey. I don't get surveys all that often, maybe once a month lately. But the frequency does vary and I will stick with them.

You're very welcome - I think it's great to share suggestions/knowledge with each other so we can ALL get the most out of surveys as we can.

:D

Hey Tarrie. :) Most likely any site telling you that you can earn a living off of taking surveys is lying. Believe me, I don't make much and I am rejected from far more surveys than I am qualified for. However, this doesn't mean that I am willing to do this for free or put up with companies who abuse my trust or intelligence. It happens yes, but that doesn't mean I let it happen again. The economy is way too bad, it's just way too bad. I will unsubscribe to a site in a heartbeat if they are cheap and or dishonest, even if it's the last one I belong to. I would rather not do surveys at all than do them for free. See, I believe that most survey sites get away with paying little to no incentive because we put up with it. If most people would stop taking surveys period unless they got paid, they would offer more incentives. They would almost have to.

If you enjoy Hotspex & similar sites, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that. I think that Hotspex is fun, unique & charitable as well; that's just not what I as an individual look for when joining a survey company. It's all about what you want. If you like them, it's none of our business, lol. I hope I did not sound like I was attacking you with my earlier comment; I am sorry. Like someone else said, your post came at the right wrong time! I really hope that I didn't discourage you.

In no way whatsoever has either of you discouraged me,quite the oposite! I'm glad to hear thar I am in the same boat as othrs when it comes to survey taking. I appologize for noy responding sooner, but I was in a major car accident Saturday (hit by a drunk driver) and had surgery on my arm Friday. Those few checks I hope to receive will really come in handy now! Thank you foy your honest insight/input. It has reakky made a difference!

Oh my goodness Tarrie, I am so sorry that happened to you! Thank God you are ok. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I also hope that the drunk driver is brought to justice! Keep us posted when you can.

• 1 year later...

Hotspex doesn't give any cash incentives nor do they personally give prizes-I'm just gonna try 'em out for awhile to see if I can earn some extra points. It doesn't look too good for them so far, b/c like everyone else- I haven't gotten many replies. :(

• 6 months later...

I hate that site. When I first joined I had alot of surveys but now i'm lucky to get one every 3 or 4 months. They dont offer much of an incentive to be a member.

They FINALLY responded to an email I sent and confirmed that no cash or prizes are awarded for their surveys. Only chances to win sweepstakes. I have opted-out since then.

I have been asking for months when they are going to have compensated surveys again. I keep getting vague answers. They last said the beginning of the year. I told them I won't be doing any more surveys for them until I will be compensated. It is outrageous. I have a bunch of accrued points I can't even use.