• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jellyfish

• jb142653

• Tarrie

• kjeanw

HotSpex sounds alot like NPD with earning points to use for a "chance" to win prizes. I have no use for NPD. It's a waste of time.

Also, it's a shame that a site has to ask it's members to give them favorable ratings. If they truly deserved a good rating they wouldn't have to ask for them.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! I've *sadly* been a member at Hotspex FOREVER... 4+ years in fact. After coming to my senses I decided to not only stop taking their surveys, but to e-mail them and rant a bit telling them why (mainly because their rewards are a joke). I got this e-mail in response yesterday -

"Hi Chrystal,

Our new Xchange program (which will let you trade in your BUX for items you want) is in the works. After further reviews of our progress, we anticipate a new program exchange in early 2010. We are working as fast as we can to have it ready as soon as possible. We have been making a lot of progress within the past week, it will probably be ready near the end of March.

Best Regards,

Lori-anne Davidson"

The only reason I even stuck around was because they claim they plant trees in rain forests, but who knows, if this e-mail is true it seems that they're taking a step in the right direction and actually giving us useful rewards for our time. Now I kick myself for all the stupid prize drawings I wasted my BUX on and all the surveys I've been avoiding.....

Hey guys! I've *sadly* been a member at Hotspex FOREVER... 4+ years in fact. After coming to my senses I decided to not only stop taking their surveys, but to e-mail them and rant a bit telling them why (mainly because their rewards are a joke). I got this e-mail in response yesterday -

"Hi Chrystal,

Our new Xchange program (which will let you trade in your BUX for items you want) is in the works. After further reviews of our progress, we anticipate a new program exchange in early 2010. We are working as fast as we can to have it ready as soon as possible. We have been making a lot of progress within the past week, it will probably be ready near the end of March.

Best Regards,

Lori-anne Davidson"

The only reason I even stuck around was because they claim they plant trees in rain forests, but who knows, if this e-mail is true it seems that they're taking a step in the right direction and actually giving us useful rewards for our time. Now I kick myself for all the stupid prize drawings I wasted my BUX on and all the surveys I've been avoiding.....

LOL! "Lori-anne" sends me the EXACT SAME LETTER, word for word, whenever I inquire about this. She's been saying that since late last year, and still NOTHING.

Don't hold your breath.

BTW I couldn't care less about them planting trees, I want to be compensated for my time/efforts/input.

• 4 weeks later...

What a joke got a email from Hotspex said i won $150.00 drove with my gas and paid for winners notification to be faxed then recieved email they recieved my fax my check will be mailed in 1-2 weeks then waited another day to go by guess what they said i wrote the math problem wrong that u had to answer on there now i will not get the prize do u believe that crap??DONE with HOTSPEX u don't say for 2 days in a row u won and ure check is being mailed then 2 days later an email that u no longer a winner what crock is that crap!!!!!!!!

What a joke got a email from Hotspex said i won $150.00 drove with my gas and paid for winners notification to be faxed then recieved email they recieved my fax my check will be mailed in 1-2 weeks then waited another day to go by guess what they said i wrote the math problem wrong that u had to answer on there now i will not get the prize do u believe that crap??DONE with HOTSPEX u don't say for 2 days in a row u won and ure check is being mailed then 2 days later an email that u no longer a winner what crock is that crap!!!!!!!!

"WoW, that's horrible, they suck anyway. I have wasted points waiting also.

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone getting surveys from Hotspex? I haven't gotten one for quite some time - of course that could be partly due to the fact that I told them I wouldn't be doing any more until they had a decent rewards program in place. :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

I don't get why ANYBODY even does them! you don't get paid anything, you get bux but they don't even have gift cards you can get from them. You get a CHANCE at something, thats pretty stupid in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

[Rant] I randomly checked this site again, probably a year after I canceled my account with them. It's absolutely dumbfounding that people are still wasting their time on "bux". Based on their homepage stating that around 6 million surveys have been taken, If each member did 10 surveys that means that they have/had around 600,000 survey takers. I'd guess more around 500,000. I liked the idea of planting a tree for every survey complete but there's zero proof that they're doing that. As a member, I don't remember getting that many surveys from them at all. People would be better off planting their own tree, waiting for fruit to ripen, and then selling it on the side of the road. You'd make more money than doing surveys with Hotmess. [/Rant]

I would report them to the BBB saying you want what they claimed you won, sounds like a scam to me!

I finally unsubscribed from them today! It felt good somehow. In the past I did receive a few small rewards through points.com but those days are gone forever it seems.