Error with Surveyspot Rewards Claim

kbennette200

Anyone tried cashing out today (August 18, 2010) and received an error code? I tried 3 times and keep getting a message saying it's some kind of internal error. It's bad enough to only receive a few points surveys, and then when I finally reach the minimum cashout threshold, there's an internal error when I try to cash out.

Yes! I tried to claim my rewards earlier this morning and got an error message. So I immediately sent an email to SurveySpot's "help" and they responded within an hour. They told me the problem was my fault because I don't have a PayPal account. I do have a PayPal verified account, and I've had it for over 10 years. I checked my account profile info at SS, and it showed my PP account and email and everything being correct. So why won't they transfer my money?

I've sent them a second email. No word yet.

They responded to me as well saying you must have a PayPal verified account. I responded back saying that I've been PayPal verified for 4 years, and that I've cashed out with Surveyspot many times before and have had no problems. They just don't want to admit that the problem is there fault. But they better fix this problem quickly.

Please file a complaint with the BBB. It is especially disturbing if they expect you to have a verified Paypal account as that is just a way for PayPal to steal money directly out of your bank account as it gives them complete access to withdraw any and all funds. Survey Spot knows this and knows people don't get verified accounts for that reason. This is just their way of keeping the money they owe you.

It's the same old crap. There are never any errors that favor us, like getting extra money. It is always errors to cheat us. Send them a strong message by filing a BBB complaint.

I'm afraid if I file with BBB, SurveySpot will retaliate by closing my account never giving me my money. I'll wait till I get my money transferred to PayPal, then you bet your sweet bippy I'll file with BBB!

Of course, as it stands now, I may never get my money anyway. Moot point.

Guest Anonymous

They are doing that because they dont wanna send money to people who dont claim it. It's a hassle. Happened to me. I didnt claim for awhile and they kept emailing me. They just wanna make sure they arent sending money to phony paypal email addresses.

Once again, I am PayPal verified. I sometimes sell things online and receive money from sales via my PayPal, therefore I have to be PayPal verified. I don't have a problem with being PayPal verified. PayPal has never stole any money from me out of my bank account. Also, to get a PayPal debit card, you have to be PayPal verified. So back on to Surveyspot because they're the problem. The PayPal verified thing is not the problem. It's an error on their behalf. Remember several months back when their Rewards Claim system was down. It's an error in their system and they just don't want to admit it right now. I bet they're trying to fix it as we speak. I'm just going to give them a chance to fix it since it just happened today. If it goes on longer, then I'll file a complaint with the BBB. My points are still there, and they didn't steal my points. I'm not going to file a BBB complaint a few hours after a problem occurred such as this one. If my points were missing, I would have filed immediately.

Please file a complaint with the BBB. It is especially disturbing if they expect you to have a verified Paypal account as that is just a way for PayPal to steal money directly out of your bank account as it gives them complete access to withdraw any and all funds. Survey Spot knows this and knows people don't get verified accounts for that reason. This is just their way of keeping the money they owe you.

It's the same old crap. There are never any errors that favor us, like getting extra money. It is always errors to cheat us. Send them a strong message by filing a BBB complaint.

I have receive extra mony from a survey company. The reward was suppose to be $7 and they sent me $10 via PayPal the other day. Why? I don't know, but I'm not sending it back. Also, the same company paid me $3 twice for the same survey that they were only suppose to pay me once for. I always write down survey #s and the amount that I'm suppose to be getting paid. When I received the payments via PayPal, the payments were more but the survey #s matched up with what I had recorded. It was the first time it happened to me, but I was happy.

F. Y. I. -- I was finally able to claim my SurveySpot points and transfer them to PayPal this morning. Woohoo! It took 2 days and 3 emails, but they finally did it. And surprise! surprise! It was not MY fault afterall. It was their fault.

F. Y. I. -- I was finally able to claim my SurveySpot points and transfer them to PayPal this morning. Woohoo! It took 2 days and 3 emails, but they finally did it. And surprise! surprise! It was not MY fault afterall. It was their fault.

That's good. I did too. It was just an error in their system and had nothing to do with being PayPal verified.

I'm glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. On 8/18 I too have gotten my reward account flagged. I have sent several messages to the helpdesk and the only response I got was your account wih paypal needs to be verified, or your browser needs to be javascript enabled which it is on both fronts. :x:x I called thier office and left messages with no response. My last message to the supposed help desk I even left the link that is on my paypal account that shows my account is verified. I do not know what is going on but I will be filing a complaint with the BBB if is is not rectified in a week.

I have have tried to rectify this issue to now resolve. So I just filed a complaint with the Conneticut BBB it takes about 4weeks to get a response. But at this point, its worth it, Surveyspot refuses to take action.

For the sake of my own curiosity, I decided to try a reward claim today. Don't know why I bothered, because I also got the transaction has been flagged, error code XXXXXX.X. Sent a e-mail to them, we will see what happens (because you will receive a response within 72 hours!). I DO have a verified paypal account, I DO have Java enabled, and I AM a citizen of the United States. Maybe they are having money problems, and this is a way to keep some cash until they get a payment from someone?

Well miracle of miracles I finally got my reward redemption problem with Survey spot fixed. One of thier IT people called me last night and apprently the glitch was with the adobe flash player. There was a glitch in it. So we got it fixed and I ran a dowload so I made sure I had the latest version. Its funny when you file a complaint with the BBB how fast things get done! Anyway I just wanted to share this with those still having problems. Go to the adobe site and make sure you have the latest version of adobe flash. its adobe 10.1. I hopes this helps. :)