Dumb survey question of the day

JustFenix

So, we all spend much time complaining about the different companies, I think it's time for a laugh. Without saying who sent you the survey or other frowned upon type things, what was your favorite "Are you SERIOUS" question of the day?

I just got this one in the past week "Do you use a computer for personal reasons?"

No, my company pays me to sit around and answer $1.00 surveys all day.

I got a winner today....

How often do you use your Desktop PC on your lap?

Now - do I have to have the keyboard only, keyboard and CPU only, or Keyboard, CPU, and Monitor on my lap for this and if it is all three, how far down my legs do we consider "lap" to be?

I got a winner today....

How often do you use your Desktop PC on your lap?

Now - do I have to have the keyboard only, keyboard and CPU only, or Keyboard, CPU, and Monitor on my lap for this and if it is all three, how far down my legs do we consider "lap" to be?

I never saw this one, but it is funny.

So, we all spend much time complaining about the different companies, I think it's time for a laugh. Without saying who sent you the survey or other frowned upon type things, what was your favorite "Are you SERIOUS" question of the day?

In one survey I was asked how much of Thing X would I buy. I didn't like it and thought it was horrid so I put none.

Next question: How often would you buy thing X when you next go shopping? At the bottom there's "I would not buy thing x"

Seriously? I JUST said I wouldn't buy it. So then you ask "how often would I buy it?" Really?

I also love the pet ones I sometimes get. Like what size is your dog? Toy, Large, Giant.

Really? Giant? So dogs are either like 6 lbs, 100 lb, or 200 lbs?

One had a question asking what color your dog was. Never mind I might have lots of dogs. Or that they might have multiple colors (because all dogs only come in brown, white, or black only - can't have black and brown or white and black, right?) but one was pink. Really? A pink dog.

Then I almost selected pink, and if I didn't get credit, I was going to send this

angel_dog.jpg and say, I had mine done to look like this cutie, so, yes, he's pink.

:P

But I didn't :)

A couple of dumb (stupid, inane, moronic, etc) questions that pop up repeatedly:

1) I had just said that I didn't know anything about a company, so, the next question is "do you think they are becoming more popular, staying the same, becoming less popular". Huh? I just said I don't know anything about them :? Apparently, they are becoming MORE STUPID. Oooops, no option for that on the survey :(

2) Of course, then there's the ever popular "if xxxxxx were a person, would you get along with them, be good buddies, hate their guts, etc". Let's see, is there a choice for "Sorry, I don't live in fantasyland"?

I got a short 'screener' yesterday morning - the last question was something like: "We understand most people prefer sweepstakes entries rather than points and we are considering changing our format. Do you prefer to continue earning points for surveys taken, or would you prefer to earn entries for sweepstakes?" Then check-boxes for "points" or "sweeps"

Are they NUTZZZZZZZZZZZZ???!!!!???!!! :shock:

I want points!

And, are there really people out there who prefer to earn sweepstakes entries? Let me see a show of hands.

Absolutely, positively, I want nothing but empty promises for my time. NOT! And I don't believe that "most people prefer sweepstakes entries rather than points" line. If that was true, places like Survey Spot wouldn't be sending the same survey 2 or 3 times for sweeps only, and then sending the same one for points. If they are getting enough people responding for free, then they wouldn't be needing to offer points the third time they send it.

Survey companies (and those that retain them), listen. You get what you pay for. If you want honest, well thought out and usable data, you aren't going to get it for nothing.

Absolutely, positively, I want nothing but empty promises for my time. NOT! And I don't believe that "most people prefer sweepstakes entries rather than points" line. If that was true, places like Survey Spot wouldn't be sending the same survey 2 or 3 times for sweeps only, and then sending the same one for points. If they are getting enough people responding for free, then they wouldn't be needing to offer points the third time they send it.

The same with Global Test market. I will sometimes get 2 to 3 reminder email invites and they are always for free surveys, never for paid ones.

I just click on the survey link in an email from Valued Opinions. Of course the survey was closed but they found another one for me. I clicked on it and it said it would take 30 minutes but it did not say it would pay anything. I then sent Valued Opinions an email about this asking if they really expect people to spend 30 minutes doing a survey for nothing.

The survey companies are aware that people are becoming wise to the free survey crap so have now resorted to trying to trick people into taking free surveys.

Can't remember exactly which company....

Have you ever tried to ask somebody to accept Jesus Christ as their savior?

The survey then went on to ask me about various cell phone models....