Changes are coming to Lightspeed

footfree

Here's the email I received-

New Year Brings Exciting Changes to the Lightspeed Panel

Thank you for your membership with the Lightspeed Panel in 2010. We very much appreciate your participation in our surveys and look forward to the many opportunities for our members in 2011. Over the next few weeks, the Lightspeed Panel will undergo some changes to make your survey experience more rewarding and enjoyable. These changes include a new website, more survey opportunities and better rewards for your participation. Be on the look-out for more information in the coming weeks. Wishing you a happy and peaceful New Year!

Lauren

Lightspeed Consumer Panel

How can I say scary!!!!!!!Guess I'll have to wait to see what happens.

Oh great, I better cash out on what I can now! :( Usually when they say "Over the next few weeks, the Lightspeed Panel will undergo some changes to make your survey experience more rewarding and enjoyable. These changes include a new website, more survey opportunities and better rewards for your participation. " That is usually code meaning, we are going to SCREW you even more! :evil:

I wonder who won the January drawing, if it's been held yet, for Lightspeed's supposed $5,000.

Lightspeed needs to simply respond to emails and pay a little more for surveys and they'd be perfect.

Name: Omnibus Survey #26699

Time: 2 - 3 minutes

Reward: One entry into the $5,000 Lightspeed Sweepstakes.

if this is there new policy I say YUCK

Name: Omnibus Survey #26699

Time: 2 - 3 minutes

Reward: One entry into the $5,000 Lightspeed Sweepstakes.

if this is there new policy I say YUCK

This is nothing new. It's been going on since at least September for me. I just ignore those.

I agree with you all. When they announce "new, exciting" usually means cheaper, longer, maybe no cash, just junk rewards. The merger with My Survey certainly hasn't made My Survey any better. I used to get surveys several times a week, now I'm surprised to see one once a week, and that at 5 lousy points.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from “Lauren”

A few weeks ago, we let you know about some upcoming changes to the Lightspeed Panel. LightspeedPanel.com has joined forces with MySurvey.com to make your overall membership and survey taking experience more enjoyable and rewarding.

Beginning January 24, 2011 your Lightspeedpanel.com membership will be transferred to the MySurvey.com consumer research panel. MySurvey.com is very similar to LightspeedPanel.com, and your experience will be the same as it has been on the Lightspeed Panel. You will still:

* Share your opinions about the products and services you use every day.

* Earn Reward Points for taking surveys. Reward Points can be redeemed for e-certificates, gift cards, merchandise, charity donations and much more. Mysurvey.com offers the same reward options as Lightspeedpanel.com

* Opportunities to be entered into several MySurvey.com sweepstakes with prizes awarded daily, monthly and quarterly.

For the next few days, you may continue participating in surveys sent to you by LightspeedPanel.com as you have in the past.

* As of January 22, 2011 you will no longer be able to login to http://us.lightspeedpanel.com

* Beginning January 24, you will login to https://www.mysurvey.com with the same email address and password used to login to the Lightspeed Panel to take surveys and view your Reward Points.

* Survey invitations will be sent to you from [email protected] please be sure to add that address to your approved email contacts to ensure you receive our survey invitations.

All points you have received for taking surveys will be transferred to your MySurvey.com membership. If you are already participating in surveys for MySurvey.com your accounts will be combined.

MySurvey.com and LightspeedPanel.com are owned by the same parent company, The Kantar Group, the information, insight and consultancy division of WPP. MySurvey.com is a member of TRUSTe. Your privacy is assured. Your information will only be used to contact you with survey invitations and information related to your MySurvey.com membership. Membership and survey participation is completely voluntary. Click here to read the MySurvey.com privacy policy.

We sincerely appreciate your past participation with the Lightspeed Panel and look forward to offering you an even better survey experience with MySurvey.com. If you have any questions about your current Lighspeedpanel.com membership or about the transfer of your membership to Mysurvey.com, please click here.

Lauren

If memory serves, 1100 points = $10 on both panels, so moving the points should be simple and transparent.

Just got an email from “Lauren”

A few weeks ago, we let you know about some upcoming changes to the Lightspeed Panel. LightspeedPanel.com has joined forces with MySurvey.com to make your overall membership and survey taking experience more enjoyable and rewarding.

Beginning January 24, 2011 your Lightspeedpanel.com membership will be transferred to the MySurvey.com consumer research panel. MySurvey.com is very similar to LightspeedPanel.com, and your experience will be the same as it has been on the Lightspeed Panel. You will still:

* Share your opinions about the products and services you use every day.

* Earn Reward Points for taking surveys. Reward Points can be redeemed for e-certificates, gift cards, merchandise, charity donations and much more. Mysurvey.com offers the same reward options as Lightspeedpanel.com

* Opportunities to be entered into several MySurvey.com sweepstakes with prizes awarded daily, monthly and quarterly.

For the next few days, you may continue participating in surveys sent to you by LightspeedPanel.com as you have in the past.

* As of January 22, 2011 you will no longer be able to login to http://us.lightspeedpanel.com

* Beginning January 24, you will login to https://www.mysurvey.com with the same email address and password used to login to the Lightspeed Panel to take surveys and view your Reward Points.

* Survey invitations will be sent to you from [email protected] please be sure to add that address to your approved email contacts to ensure you receive our survey invitations.

All points you have received for taking surveys will be transferred to your MySurvey.com membership. If you are already participating in surveys for MySurvey.com your accounts will be combined.

MySurvey.com and LightspeedPanel.com are owned by the same parent company, The Kantar Group, the information, insight and consultancy division of WPP. MySurvey.com is a member of TRUSTe. Your privacy is assured. Your information will only be used to contact you with survey invitations and information related to your MySurvey.com membership. Membership and survey participation is completely voluntary. Click here to read the MySurvey.com privacy policy.

We sincerely appreciate your past participation with the Lightspeed Panel and look forward to offering you an even better survey experience with MySurvey.com. If you have any questions about your current Lighspeedpanel.com membership or about the transfer of your membership to Mysurvey.com, please click here.

Lauren

If memory serves, 1100 points = $10 on both panels, so moving the points should be simple and transparent.

All this means to me is less money.One less survey company equals less money.right?I wonder if this means mysurvey will be sending out more surveys or less?

I saw where it said points can be redeemed for e-certificates,gift cards,merchandise and much more but it didn't specifically say Pay Pal.

Just received a email from mysurvey saying their site will be shut down this weekend.I know things have to change but I don't like change.I'm already making less then in previous years,not sure my wallet can take another hit!

I dumped mysurvey because I got tired of there guessing game of how many points you might get, but won't know until you click it and do the survey crap. If that is the case I am officially done with Lightspeed. When I first read this post I was usually casing out at $10 range because it saved you 50 points, because the $5 range was 575 points. Well I went back to cashing out at the $5 range because I didn't' trust the changes and boy I am glad I followed my gut feeling! :D

I got the same email ... :cry:

Unfortunately, I would've MUCH preferred that they combine mysurvey with Lightspeed instead of this way - at least you get semi-decent incentives and surveys with Lightspeed. All I ever get from mysurvey is 5 (or 0) point garbage and once in awhile I "qualify" for a whopping $3-4 survey (for 30-45 minutes, of course).

I noticed that they addressed the reward redemption being the same with the two companies, but, they (suspiciously) failed to say anything about the reward amounts for actually taking the surveys as being "the same" (which of course, they aren't -- they will "convert" us to the ripoff system they've gone to at mySurvey). Time to cash out.... :evil::!:

I got the email this morning stating that mysurvey and Lightspeed are combining to become a new and improved mysurvey.

Yahrightwhatever.

I went ahead and cashed out at Lightspeed just in case. Only time will tell how this all plays out.

Well I cashed out of my last $5 with them a couple of days ago. So once I get my money there is probably 99.99% possibility that I will drop lightspeed, because I already dropped mysurvey a couple months ago. I have a feeling they are still going to have the 0-5 point surveys, plus they probably won't tell you what it is like mysurvey has been doing, which is one of the main reason's why I dropped them! :evil:

I guess I've been living under a rock because I just found out about this today when trying to access surveys on both panels. I don't think this is going to benefit us. Very unhappy about this.

I just tried to log on to both of the sites, and neither is there. Lightspeed says its merging into my survey, and my survey is "down for maintenance." I did manage to cash out with lightspeed on January 14 and am still waiting. What are the odds that the cash out from lightspeed will "get lost" in the translation? I'm not optimistic.

The good thing is that IF they merge and combine points, I should have enough to cash out. BUT, again, what are the odds of that going well?

I don't see this as being good for anyone except the survey companies. Two more down the drain.

I just tried to log on to both of the sites, and neither is there. Lightspeed says its merging into my survey, and my survey is "down for maintenance." I did manage to cash out with lightspeed on January 14 and am still waiting. What are the odds that the cash out from lightspeed will "get lost" in the translation? I'm not optimistic.

The good thing is that IF they merge and combine points, I should have enough to cash out. BUT, again, what are the odds of that going well?

I don't see this as being good for anyone except the survey companies. Two more down the drain.

I completely agree!