Why not pay right away?

Dover9

Because they want to make sure people are actually giving their honest opinions and not just horsing around. You know how every other site has bullets and Pinecone has you actually typing, "I AGREE"? That's one of the ways they can verify that you're actually reading and not just pushing buttons or hitting random numbers.

And Pinecone doesn't have a cashout threshold.

I don't see what that has to do with not giving me what I've earned, but have to wait until I get some arbitrary amount of money to get what I earned.

Do all that checking in the survey. Once I pass it - give me my money. Not make me "save it up" until you (the company) decide I can "request" my earnings.

Has to do with fees too. Why let people cash out $2 every week if it costs them 10 cents everytime they do it? Better to send you $50 and get a buck taken away instead. Pinecone also doesn't send people more than 2 surveys a day. I get 5 a day from Opinion Outpost, 20 from Survey Spot, and a few from Valued Opinions.

Pinecone results are also checked as they come in, unlike the surveys that last a month.