Is Survey Savvy any good, or even legit?

scooterb2015

Hi Sandy -- appreciate the feedback.  Could you elaborate some on why you quit or why it was not worth it to you?  Did you take any surveys?  Did you cash out or have any issues getting paid?  I signed up yesterday and have received 2 survey invites.  I completed one and didn't qual for the second.  It was for $2 and took about 15 minutes.  I think I can cash out with $1 or more. 

Hi Marc -- same question as a follow up--how do you mean "fell down"?  I don't want to waste my time with the site if they start out sure-fire then fizzle out.  I will cash out my $1.50 and get a tall can of Arizona Green tea and find another site.  Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, scooterb2015 said:

Hi Sandy -- appreciate the feedback.  Could you elaborate some on why you quit or why it was not worth it to you?  Did you take any surveys?  Did you cash out or have any issues getting paid?  I signed up yesterday and have received 2 survey invites.  I completed one and didn't qual for the second.  It was for $2 and took about 15 minutes.  I think I can cash out with $1 or more. 

I didn't qualify for many surveys.  Often I spent far too much time attempting to qualify and didn't. A waste of time imho.

1 hour ago, scooterb2015 said:

Hi Marc -- same question as a follow up--how do you mean "fell down"?  I don't want to waste my time with the site if they start out sure-fire then fizzle out.  I will cash out my $1.50 and get a tall can of Arizona Green tea and find another site.  Any suggestions?

They stopped paying me.

Been with them for over 15 years. Early on , it seemed that all surveys received were for business people , but the last 10 years or so , the surveys have been more general ones. I qualify for a reasonable number. I also have installed their Savvy Connect app (quite safe) which pays out at $5 per month per device.

I've been a member for over 16 years and average about $50 per year of income from that panel.  I don't do their partner surveys nor Savvy Connect.  If I did, the income would probably be higher. The pay per survey is at least $3/hr, averaging more like $5/hr.  They only pay by paper check if that makes any difference.  It's been a steady, if not high-level, income earner for me.

• Like 1

Thank you Sandy and Marc for responding to my follow up questions. to episemion and jberri, thank you both for your replies.  So, to do a tally of sorts, there are 2 long term, reasonably satisfied users of Survey Savvy and 2 not satisfied users of Survey Savvy -- not getting me to a consensus on being able to decide to keep on, but I will do so for a week or two and see what sort of invites I get. 

I do have a follow up about savvy connect -- I saw this advertised on the site but did not look past the part where they collect my data and web usage.  $5 a month does not seem like a lot but I suppose it could add up with another device or two over time. Besides data info, does it offer any survey opportunities or incentives?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, episemion said:

Been with them for over 15 years. Early on , it seemed that all surveys received were for business people , but the last 10 years or so , the surveys have been more general ones. I qualify for a reasonable number. I also have installed their Savvy Connect app (quite safe) which pays out at $5 per month per device.

Glad it is working out for you! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scooterb2015 said:

Thank you Sandy and Marc for responding to my follow up questions. to episemion and jberri, thank you both for your replies.  So, to do a tally of sorts, there are 2 long term, reasonably satisfied users of survey savvy and 2 not satisfied users of survey savvy -- not getting me to a consensus on being able to decide to keep on, but I will do so for a week or two and see what sort of invites I get. 

I do have a follow up about savvy connect -- I saw this advertised on the site but did not look past the part where they collect my data and web usage.  $5 a month does not seem like a lot but I suppose it could add up with another device or two over time. Besides data info, does it offer any survey opportunities or incentives?

I know some people have luck with installing these kinds of apps and I envy them. I am so overly cautious that I have never installed any, probably stupid to be scared of this kind of thing. I bet most are safe. But for me, I say, rather safe than sorry.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jberri12 said:

I've been a member for over 16 years and average about $50 per year of income from that panel.  I don't do their partner surveys nor Savvy Connect.  If I did, the income would probably be higher. The pay per survey is at least $3/hr, averaging more like $5/hr.  They only pay by paper check if that makes any difference.  It's been a steady, if not high-level, income earner for me.

Slow and steady is how they are for me as well. The Savvy Connect app brings in $60 per year per device. Never an issue with it.

14 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

I know some people have luck with installing these kinds of apps and I envy them. I am so overly cautious that I have never installed any, probably stupid to be scared of this kind of thing. I bet most are safe. But for me, I say, rather safe than sorry.

I too am cautious with installing things , but apps like Savvy Connect or the one from Nielsen are safe. The ones I will not install are ones that a specific survey requests in order to do the survey. Those I am not sure of.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, episemion said:

I too am cautious with installing things , but apps like Savvy Connect or the one from Nielsen are safe. The ones I will not install are ones that a specific survey requests in order to do the survey. Those I am not sure of.

Most, if not all, of these usage monitoring apps require the use of a VPN (virtual private network) set up to capture and analyze the network traffic from the device on which it's installed.  A VPN will change your IP address from that device that's visible to the rest of the internet, including other survey panels.  That's why I do not install them, as it would raise a red-flag with fraud prevention software used not only on survey  panel sites but other sites too.

I suppose if it was set up before you sign up for the panel it might be ok, or if you install it on a device that you are not using to answer surveys, but I've never tried that.  Anyway if it works for some people that's great.  I just don't want to take the risk.

• Like 2