Anyone Else Ready To Quit Surveys Yet?

OldMan

Anyone else about ready to quit surveys yet?  I do them for basically two reasons.  One reason is that it does pass the time on days when the weather is miserable.  The other is that it makes my wife happy that we are "paying it forward" to others who still have to keep searching for new customers like she had to do before I convinced her to retire so that we could travel more together like I have wanted to do while I was off but she was still running her business.  The fact that she was proud kept me going.  Now we are wondering if we need to  "retire" for lack of a better word from surveys, even though they aren't a real job.  

Opinion Outpost is now wanting a copy of my I.D.  after a few years of my doing surveys for them and not causing them any probems.  I am not willing to give it to them so I asked to be removed from their email addresses if they are not willing to back off.   Has anyone else had this happen to them?  It's creey!  Why don't they just demand your credit card number while they are at it since I.D. can be used to apply for credits cards,  loans, etc.  

• Like 1

I haven't done any surveys in a few months. I am tired of all the dishonesty, insanity and irrationality that has pervaded them for quite some time now.

• Like 2

For me, it's not as much the sites as certain types of surveys.. like the ones from Qualtrics that have endless pages of redundant questions that make no sense.. that you have to tick in the boxes when you're on a laptop.  Really hard on the eyes . It's like whoever created it wants you to get a headache.. then there's the little trick of ' click this to show you're paying attention'...  at the end of the survey, they have the audacity to ask you your opinion on the survey itself and I let them know.. nothing changes though.. and the payout might be 20 points if you're lucky!

Haven't given up , even after over 20 years. The extra $$ helps when on a fixed income. However , I have gotten more selective and will "x" out of some.

• Like 2

I'm considering it due to recent struggles. It's funny because a couple months ago I got a survey about surveys and there were several questions about why people might not be taking surveys as much as before, as if the survey companies don't already know...

• Like 2

What I have noticed, only in the past few months, is if I contact  the help desk, I am now getting more 'human' 'personalized' responses.. seems like they're real and not AI and I either get apologies and credits for example if you complete a survey and it doesn't go back to the home page. Some responses tell me that they ( the survey site itself)  haven't been paid by those that write the surveys

I took a break for about 6 months. I only do a few surveys now as I am sick to death of being cheated.

Being kicked out of LifePoints for no reason after so many years with them was the turning point for me. I cashed out for $100 so they dumped me instead of pay me. I didn't believe it would happen to me, just to everyone  else.

I learned my lesson and now I immediately cash out. I also learned to quit sites that cheat me.

I've been taking surveys for over 20 years. It keeps getting worse and worse because there are no laws to protect us.  These pathetic sites, like LifePoints, know they will get away with dishonest behavior so they keep cheating us. It will continue this way until somehow laws are passed and enforced.  Sad

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mommabear said:

What I have noticed, only in the past few months, is if I contact  the help desk, I am now getting more 'human' 'personalized' responses.. seems like they're real and not AI and I either get apologies and credits for example if you complete a survey and it doesn't go back to the home page. Some responses tell me that they ( the survey site itself)  haven't been paid by those that write the surveys

Glad help desks work for you. They don't for me and I've pretty much stopped wasting my time contacting  them.

19 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Glad help desks work for you. They don't for me and I've pretty much stopped wasting my time contacting  them.

What survey sites have you had the issue with?  I used to have the same issue but lately a change for the better ( fingers crossed)  Survey Junkie and Prime Opinion

Only ones I am considering quitting are:

- Crowdology (few surveys)

- ACOP (few in-house surveys , mostly router ones (Partner Survey) that seem to take one from survey to survey - if one is completed , on to the next with no credit)

I am ready to quit mypoints.  I "failed" 3 captchas on their site and now I am on hold to be able to do surveys.  I got all the captchas correct, they didn't agree.  So 2024 may be the year I have to walk away after I cash out.  I already stopped Swagbucks, their sister company.  Pinecone sends me one every other month now, that is a heads up for me.  I used to get one every week, but they also used to pay $5 for each survey.  We breached our data package for the month already and I think it's because I retired and am constantly on my computer trying to make enough to get a gift card.  Not worth it, think I will go back to work.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, episemion said:

Only ones I am considering quitting are:

- Crowdology (few surveys)

- ACOP (few in-house surveys , mostly router ones (Partner Survey) that seem to take one from survey to survey - if one is completed , on to the next with no credit)

ACOP- Yes!! I have the same experience with them.. the not so merry go round of surveys.. where you come up empty!! I know the feeling

• Like 1