Doing in person focus groups

footfree

So today I got the chance to do a in person focus group for next week.It pays $85 for 2 hours not great but not bad.They pay in cash so it does make it worth my time.I signed up with a company who does this in the city from which I live.So I wanted to pass on this advice.Do a Google search for marketing research firms in your city of choice ,sign up and see if you cant do this yourself.This is the third chance I have had in the 8 years of doing surveys.Sometimes when you do live focus groups and they are filled up they will pay you just for showing up and you don't even have to do the focus group.

This is my first group session for this company and I asked if I would be given more opportunities and she said yes.I asked how often and she said it could be every 3 months to every 6 months or if the company needed someone right away they will forgo the time limit.These focus groups can be fun like the one I'm going to is a taste test focus group.I'm really looking forward to it and hoping others of you who like to do this may benefit from signing up in your own part of the country.Good luck, I hope it works out for you, if you try!

Good Luck Footfree...glad to see some good news on the survey front for a change...let me know how it went...Green :D

i've done a few focus groups in the past few years. I really enjoy doing them and they are very easy. But of course you have to participate.

It really is a good change from doing surveys, etc!!

Footfree.....That's great news and hope you they call you back many, many times. My daugher gets invites from Delve and she's been paid anywhere from $35 to $50 cash for a half hour taste test and is able to stop on her way home from work to boot! I've been trying to get on with them for 2 years but never qualify. Seems to be the story of my life. She has a lot of fun with it, so I hope it works out the same way for you. I think $85 is pretty decent for 2 hours...its 85 more than you had yesterday. :-) Would like to know how it went for you. Good luck!

thank you zeekers for the tip on Delve. I saw they have a columbus ohio branch and applied! I would LOVE to be part of a in-person focus group.

rossaroni.....Good luck, glad to help. FYI...they only do focus groups, no online surveys, but they pay in cash same day you attend. I receive the email pre-screeners, but never qualify, I think because they fill up so quick, so get right on those when you receive them. They're located on north side of Columbus, close to Anheiser-Busch I believe.

I have tried to get into those, but never figured out how to? If anyone can give me some ideas and help, I would greatly appreciate it! :D

So today I got the chance to do a in person focus group for next week.It pays $85 for 2 hours not great but not bad.

That is $42.50 an hour, I would say that is great! That is over 5 times minimum wage! :D

Footfree.....That's great news and hope you they call you back many, many times. My daugher gets invites from Delve and she's been paid anywhere from $35 to $50 cash for a half hour taste test and is able to stop on her way home from work to boot! I've been trying to get on with them for 2 years but never qualify. Seems to be the story of my life. She has a lot of fun with it, so I hope it works out the same way for you. I think $85 is pretty decent for 2 hours...its 85 more than you had yesterday. :-) Would like to know how it went for you. Good luck!

I know 85 is good money sort of , it's just that the focus group is downtown at 4 in the afternoon and is over at 6 pm.Which means I get to drive home in rush hour traffic!I haven't been in rush hour traffic in years!Not looking forward to that at all.(LOL)So if you dont hear from me ever again I'll be in rush hour hell !!!!!!!!

I have tried to get into those, but never figured out how to? If anyone can give me some ideas and help, I would greatly appreciate it! :D

So today I got the chance to do a in person focus group for next week.It pays $85 for 2 hours not great but not bad.

That is $42.50 an hour, I would say that is great! That is over 5 times minimum wage! :D

Go to Google type in Market Research and the city of your choice that you live close to and if there are any in your area they should pop up.I just signed up for another company here where I live hope that one works out also.

Everyone.....Spencer Marketing is another focus group, mainly taste testing. I believe they pay cash right on the spot too.

Rossaroni.....Spencer Marketing is around Goodale Blvd. and Neil Ave. area I do believe.

Thanks for the tip zeekers. I registered for Spencer a few days ago when I was looking at yp.com for "marketing research" in my area. I submitted my info to a bunch of different places near me so I am just playing the waiting game now.

rossaroni....good to hear. I'm only aware of Spencer & Delve here, but never thought of the yellow pages, duh! LOL Sometimes I scare myself. :-) I had 2 chances to do a panel group for Delve, both paid $150 for 1 hour. Didn't qualify because of who I had worked for in the past. Shite! shite! shite! said I. lol Forgot to tell you about the panel groups with Delve. Delve doesn't seem to do a whole lot of those, but the taste testing is constant with them. See, there are some positives living in a "marketing" town. :-) Let me know how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I have gotten two focus group calls now. One from Delve for a taste test (possibly fast-food related because of the qualifying questions) and one from Spencer Research for an Iced Tea taste test. I qualified for the Delve one but right after I qualified the lady told me I JUST missed out and literally the last person they called nabbed the final spot. Spencer Research asked questions about beverages I drink and they were looking for Iced Tea drinkers, and that's not me. But at least they are calling!

Wow rossaroni that was fast wasn't it? Good for you, glad those 2 research companies are working out for you. Haven't heard from Delve in a while. As for Spencer Marketing, I probably need to register again and see what happens.