Doing in person focus groups

footfree

rossaroni...Jeepers! Hey, $10 bucks is $10 bucks more than you had yesterday. Getting paid ten bucks for chewing gum sounds pretty good; especially if you already chew gum. :-) I've got to get on the ball and re-register with Spencer. They are pretty regular with the focus/taste panels. Let me know how your gum product testing goes. Have fun!! :-)

Lives in a small town in AR of all places and finding that sort for this area is next to impossible. The closest medium sized city is still 45min away. I have tried registered with a group there but I dont expect to hear anything. Small towns are rough on some of this stuff.

Fiestyvermin (I LOVE that online name! Cracks me up, its a cool name, and it suits you to a T) LOL

I live in Ohio, so Spencer Marketing focus/taste testing panels wouldn't work for you. However, you can call them at 614-488-3123 and see if they have an area or sister site close to you.

Another focus group I found is called Contract Testing (1-800-342-1825) Not sure/can't remember what they are all about, I have an ID # and Pin # so I registered, or maybe half-way registered. Can't hurt to see what they have to offer. If I have the info then I know I've checked the site/company out, perhaps I haven't followed through like a good girl. LOL

Delve Research.com (?) is another excellant focus group/taste testing/some surveys place that pays CASH on the spot, reputable (my daughter score's big time with them,) and have several locations in US. I can't seem to qualify, maybe the word is out that I really like food and they're afraid of me? (lol)

Footfree suggested earlier to go to Google, type in "Market Research" and your city/town/choice to see what may be available. SUPER IDEA FOOTFREE!! Thanks for helping us all out. I just may be able to keep the house after all. (lol)

Thanks zeekers. I started using yahoo in 97 or 98. Every name I tried was mostly taken. I did not want to put all those numbers after my name to show how many times it had been copied. I wanted something totally unique that no one would ever think to reuse. I think I found it and have never seen another one. I consider myself a rat with attitude lol. I did not want anyone to ever be able to put numbers after my name.

well, zeekers is for my choc lab, Zeke, and 1977 is for the year I graduated h.s., plus i think 1977 was the coolest year, running wild, free, not a care in the world, 18 years old and i had ALL the answers, all ya had to do was ask. (lol) Ah...the 70's...Gloria Steinem, woman's lib, burn the bra! Hah, hah, hah! Yes i followed like a goat, because after all I was 18 & I knew everything. :-) Had a lot of hard knocks from reality, ouch! but i'm just one of those people who HAS to learn the hard way. Why me? Why the hard way? Its rough the hard way, you'd think i'd had learned that a lot earlier than i did. LOL Oh yeah, my generation was really going to change things, you know, for the better. Of course, females only went to college to find husbands (what a load of crap!) made me feel sorry for all the men, cause i always wondered if they knew that. However, my family was not dirt poor, say lower class so college wasn't an option for me. But i'm very intelligent because i'm self-taught, which i think is to my advantage in many ways except now. Everything job wise i've done and done extremely well, now requires a degree. I don't get it. i've a proven track record, a successful one, but nope! you need a degree, even if its in basket weaving. Okay, so now i have to play a new game with new rules, and so far it isn't working for me. So...maybe self-employment? (lol) What does the world do with folks like me? (lol) The BBC website has a languages page, and you can learn any language you want FOR FREE! I was able to read, write & speak French fluently in h.s., so i'm learning French all over again, some of it has come back. Hey, they need intrepretors for all languages, speaking and writing, so I'm slowly going in that direction. Its slow for me cause i've been out of school for how many years? We'll see. :-) Au Revoir!

• 2 weeks later...

I must say i actually love doing focus groups. I think they are a lot of fun and you get to voice out your opionions and practive your public speaking skills toO! i know i sound like a dork. But i swear that helps a lot. I hope everybody's been doing great with the focus groups!