Your Admin is Back!

Administrator

Hello SurveyPolice Users!

It has been a very long time, hasn't it?! As the NEW admin, I just wanted to give you a long overdue update on the website.

Long story short, I used to be the admin of this site, but for a couple years it was in someone else's hands. However, now I'm back and at your service.

First off, you will be seeing some changes to the website. Besides the obvious cleaning up of the site, including removing a whack of dead links, you will see new legitimate survey panels added to the directory, spammers on this forum will have their accounts deleted and their posts removed, and a redesign of the site is also underway.

Regarding the Complaints Section. It has not been in operation for a couple of years now. This is due to it being extremely time-consuming to administer. Although very popular and very useful, I'm just not sure that this feature will be brought back online again. Your suggestions and input regarding this are most welcome.

Some ratings and reviews for certain survey panels will be deleted. Why? They are simply unfair. For example, giving a poor rating and review for a survey panel who only accepts members from a particlular country and you are not from that country is just plain silly. Not all survey panels need members from around the world - that's no reason to rank them poorly. Similarly, rating a survey panel based on assumptions "I haven't joined, or I've been a member for a week and this panel stinks!" are equally silly. These will be slowly removed as they are sorted through.

Your input to this website means a lot. I know your voices have been lost in the darkness these last couple of years, but I can assure you that things are about to change for the better.

Thanks so much for sticking around and using this great website my friends! It is such a great feeling to be back and the website is about to get a lot better!

P.S. Please help us make the site better by submitting your website suggestions here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2010 and letting us know about any survey panels you'd like to see listed on SurveyPolice that are currently not on the website: http://www.surveypolice.com/company/new

P.P.S. We now have a twitter page so you can keep track of what's being updated on the site. http://www.twitter.com/surveypolice

WELOME BACK ADMIN!!! WOO-HOO!!!

You have been missed in so many ways and different levels that you'll never comprehend. lol

So far, I agree 100% with everything you've stated in your post (not that I'm of any great importance,) and will help out in any way I can. All of us surveyers need Survey Police and you, the Admin.

Are you the only one or will SP bring a few more on board? I ask only because of the amount of us compared to one of you seems like an uneven ratio, and we most certainly do not want to lose an Admin due to burn-out or survey taker overload. lol

Time to pull out all my notes, get them into organized thoughts and hopefully suggestions beneficial to us all and will send to you for review.

Again, welcome back!

Hello Admin,

This is very good news! Like myself, I think a lot of people had just about stopped using this site because of the spammers. I am looking forward to the new changes and will be glad to help anyway I can. I realize it takes a lot of time for you to make the survey companies accountable but you are about the only one that can do anything with them. Many of them do not care about the BBB one way or the other because some of the larger companies have an F rating and don't seem to care. Again it's nice to have you back.

Are you the only one or will SP bring a few more on board? I ask only because of the amount of us compared to one of you seems like an uneven ratio, and we most certainly do not want to lose an Admin due to burn-out or survey taker overload. lol

Time to pull out all my notes, get them into organized thoughts and hopefully suggestions beneficial to us all and will send to you for review.

Again, welcome back!

Thanks zeekers! There are a few people involved with the site though things like asking some of our users to become forum MODs is something we'll look into. I've gone ahead and banned a handful of users and have also deleted a couple dozen spam posts. Certainly naming names of users who are abusing the forum or reporting spammy posts will be make the process quicker.

Please do provide some suggestions for the site - I look forward to reading them.

Hello Admin,

This is very good news! Like myself, I think a lot of people had just about stopped using this site because of the spammers. I am looking forward to the new changes and will be glad to help anyway I can. I realize it takes a lot of time for you to make the survey companies accountable but you are about the only one that can do anything with them. Many of them do not care about the BBB one way or the other because some of the larger companies have an F rating and don't seem to care. Again it's nice to have you back.

Hi gene55, thanks for sticking around. Indeed, it is sad when a website isn't being maintained and that what is ultimately behind its demise. That being said, the fact that the SurveyPolice forum is still used regularly shows what a strong community of survey takers you all are.

It's too bad that there are survey companies out there who don't care as much as they should about their panelists, but I do believe that most do care and make an effort to keep their members happy. However I do agree with you - accountability is important and SurveyPolice is here to help with that.

Glad you're back online...I like giving my 2 cents here & helping out the survey takers any way possible...thanks for coming back :D

:idea: How about putting a new section titled " NEW SURVEY SITES" OR LEGIT PAYING SURVEY SITES'

lol

Glad you're back online...I like giving my 2 cents here & helping out the survey takers any way possible...thanks for coming back :D

:idea: How about putting a new section titled " NEW SURVEY SITES" OR LEGIT PAYING SURVEY SITES'

lol

Hi greeneyeddevils - thanks also for sticking around. :)

Yes, there definitely needs to be a better way of being able to view new survey sites added to our directory. This is something that will be worked into the redesign of the website. Meanwhile you can keep track of what we're adding to the site by reading our blog, the SurveyPolice Scoop or by following us on Twitter.

Let me also welcome you back. I am always on here checking out the forum and leaving my many comments. Again welcome back you have truly missed by us all.

Nice to see your back.We really need someone on our side.With the economy it seems that survey companies have become even more unscrupulous then ever.We really need to rally together and have a forum that we feel comfortable coming to and having a reliable Administrator sure is a step in the right direction.Hope we don't burn you out but it sure is nice to see your here!

Let me also welcome you back. I am always on here checking out the forum and leaving my many comments. Again welcome back you have truly missed by us all.

Thanks avanbens!

Nice to see your back.We really need someone on our side.With the economy it seems that survey companies have become even more unscrupulous then ever.We really need to rally together and have a forum that we feel comfortable coming to and having a reliable Administrator sure is a step in the right direction.Hope we don't burn you out but it sure is nice to see your here!

Hi footfree. SurveyPolice has always been about holding survey companies accountable for how they treat their members and I'm glad that the forum has continued to be a place where survey takers can meet and share their experiences. One thing I'd really like to see on the site are more panels being rated and commented on so that people new to online surveys, or those who are unsure about joining a particular panel have a place to read a wide variety of reviews. Unfortunately I do feel like at the moment that although there are dishonest survey companies out there, I feel like SurveyPolice has become a place where survey takers are more likely to vent and post their frustrations versus making an effort to seek a venue to relate positive experiences with a panel. While I understand that when one's been wronged by someone or something, it's almost instinctual to seek justice, I do think it's equally important to applaud the efforts of survey panels that panelists enjoy being members of. Maybe I've been sorting through too many poor reviews, spammy forum comments and negative email messages these last couple days, but I sure am ready for some surveys sunshine! 8)

In any case, I'm not saying not to post things that are negative (please do be honest), but I am saying that it's also equally important to post things that are positive.

hi glade your back i am new member,sent here by another panelist when i was getting information about united sample inc with ownes surveyhead and other websites.they have many complaints from panelists.please help me to get them to change their business practices with how they treat panelists,not paying them for 3 months and many other bad treatments of panelists thank you goodguy58.

hi glade your back i am new member,sent here by another panelist when i was getting information about united sample inc with ownes surveyhead and other websites.they have many complaints from panelists.please help me to get them to change their business practices with how they treat panelists,not paying them for 3 months and many other bad treatments of panelists thank you goodguy58.

Hi goodguy58, we are working on better ways to be able to sort out issues between panelists and survey panels. For now however, I'll have to ask you to remain patient while we work on implementing new features for our website.

• 5 weeks later...