This forum is getting depressing

tommydee

I agree I try and post 3 or 4 times a week. Its a great forum and really adds to the survey experience for those who truly work at it. I have a job but still love the police. It gives me an outlet and lets me show others and to help too. Truly a great place. Needs more business and more quality posts.

I agree I try and post 3 or 4 times a week. Its a great forum and really adds to the survey experience for those who truly work at it. I have a job but still love the police. It gives me an outlet and lets me show others and to help too. Truly a great place. Needs more business and more quality posts.

Thanks for the reply...I agree with you...it truly is a great place. Hope it picks up...Have a great weekend...

I have followed the blog but have not posted anything. I am so used to coming here that I dont think about the blog. That being said I have not gotten any emails about posts or anything else from the blog so....... Who knows might be busier... Lets hope

This is a great forum, I took a hiatus from surveys when I had a baby and just got back into it. I remember there was a forum on Greenfield that seemed to be popular a couple years ago. Some people don't like to share the good stuff because they are afraid there won't be enough to go around so maybe they don't post much.

ascott....I remember Greenfield; haven't seen that company mentioned in ages, are they still active? If I remember correctly, you needed an invite to join, like Pinecone.

That's a very good point you made about some not wanting to share the good sites w/others for fear of "not enough of the good stuff to go around," because the really "hard-core" surveyers (ones with 5 + years experience) that were posting and pretty much ran the forum's back then are gone. Not real friendly, not down right rude to a person, but you knew there was a "private circle" that didn't include you. It is much different now.....friendlier, people sharing with each other and helping out the newbies, more personable. That being said, if I can help out in any way let me know, and welcome back to "survey world!" :-)

ascott....I remember Greenfield; haven't seen that company mentioned in ages, are they still active? If I remember correctly, you needed an invite to join, like Pinecone.

That's a very good point you made about some not wanting to share the good sites w/others for fear of "not enough of the good stuff to go around," because the really "hard-core" surveyers (ones with 5 + years experience) that were posting and pretty much ran the forum's back then are gone. Not real friendly, not down right rude to a person, but you knew there was a "private circle" that didn't include you. It is much different now.....friendlier, people sharing with each other and helping out the newbies, more personable. That being said, if I can help out in any way let me know, and welcome back to "survey world!" :-)

Hi Zeekers- Greenfield was taken over by Toluna- a lot of people were unhappy when that happened.As for some of the hard core surveryer's and why that dont post anymore,I think they got disillusioned by the pay and went out and found jobs that paid better.I know this for fact with one of the so called old timers.I also believe it's more depressing because of the pay scale handed down to us by the survey companies.Just today I received a survey for 10 points that was 30 minutes long from OO.This has been my theory ,since the economy is bad the pay will be bad when the economy recovers so will the pay.If not and people will do these surveys for so little pay then we will reap what we have sowed.So for all survey takers please do not do surveys that don't pay at least minimum wage!

footfree......didn't realize Toluna took over Greenfield. I can certainly understand getting disillusioned w/the pay. I agree completely with you not doing a 30 minute survey for 10 points, I won't and hope others follow your lead as well. We all have to draw the line somewhere. Each person needs to ask themselves what is acceptable and what isn't; 10 points for 30 minutes is an insult to me. You're right footfee....we will reap what we sow. :-)

I have been surprised at the decreasing incentives. Last night I was invited to a two-hour online session regarding GOP debate through SurveySpot. Incentive was $5. Two years ago it would have been at least $25.00. I worked in Marketing Research for 8 years and I know corporate budgets are definitely down and MR is one of the first to go. Should see more at the beginning of the year when budgets come back and June is a good time for those companies with fiscal years that begin in June.

For quantitative surveys we typically paid $3.00 incentives for up to a 20 min survey. My guess is companies like Toluna are paying .75 of it and keeping the rest. We used Greenfield ALOT. I didn't know much about the mergers since I've been out for awhile. We would pay at least $75 for a live focus group. I worked mostly in the food industry and new product development. The other trend I'm seeing is a shift to the online communities/forums sponsored by companies. Is anyone a part of mycmee or hear-watch-say(invite only). Companies are getting more qualitative insights from consumers, finally recognizing the value in those types of insights!

I used to be here more, but I'm pretty much done with the survey game.

Because that's what it is to me, a game of randomness, not a real industry I'm freelancing for. These companies can't even see I don't have kids so don't send me a survey "for the teen in your home".

I used to stop by the forum and check on the latest gossip a couple times a week. Gradually I've noticed there's no need to check on things, because nothing good is happening. Just more survey companies going downhill and paying less and less for more of survey takers time. Every now and then a new person comes along looking for the quickest way to make a ton of money fast, it's usually the same song and dance, and if they went back and read some old topics they could find what they were looking for.

I've been reading the forum a year and a half and some of the people who were long time survey takers were really funny writers. They always had some funny topics going. I do really miss some of them.

That being said, I do understand why they are not around. There is no longer real money to be made taking surveys. No one is hiding any good survey sites to keep them to themselves, there just aren't any anymore. There was good money in surveys several years ago, but that money went away with the ecomony.

Not much we can do about the economy, but hopefully it will pick up. I do believe we need to stick together and who knows,..maybe one or all of us will come up with a sure fire plan to change things for the better. Yeah, I'm having a rough time believing those words too, but I don't want to give up hope. Not sure what it will take to make me quit surveying completely. Hopefully I won't find out. Who said "Where there's hope, there's change?" (Hopefully not a famous person I don't like!) There is a bit of truth in that statement. Isn't there?