OP4G Strikes again-they didnt keep their word

footfree

I normally would write this post in rant and rave but OP4G seems to answer the post from here.Well as of today I never received a check for Nov. and you guessed it no answers to my email either.I emailed them last week , how long am I to wait for a response?

Well anyways last time they didn't send me a check here was their response

footfree:

As noted in my original post, payments for completed survey work are being processed today and tomorrow (Oct. 17-18) and should be received by end of the week. No request is required; everyone who has participated in surveys is paid each month.

Karl Swanson

President, Op4G

I did receive a check on 10/27 but I'm still owed more.If you are going to say something then believe me when I say I will make you accountable for it.I have no problem calling you out on your word.

Surveyguy did you ever get any of your money from them?

I am not surveyguy but they lied to me also. I emailed them the 1st of Nov. and asked if I was going to get paid and they did answer and said I would get a check in mid Nov. Needless to say, NO CHECK! I am not doing anymore surveys for them until I am paid. Their surveys pay very well but if you can't get your money it is a waste of time. I don't mind working with companies as long as they tell me the truth.

Footfree,

I have still not received a check from them. I emailed a few times per week and all emails went unanswered. I have still not heard from them. I do still get some surveys from them but they have lowered their payout tremendously. I have also been screened out of surveys which they PROMISED myself and my charity that I joined through, would never happen. So I find myself wasting time taking these awful surveys and never getting paid for them. I decided to keep racking up the dollars in my account for the class action suit that is sure to come against op4g, and I'm just hoping they are paying the charity that i joined through, although I highly doubt they are.

Op4g is all over ripoff report, scamfinder, etc. Most survey companies have their bad reviews, but most times they are legit companies. op4g just lies and just doesnt pay, bottom line. I dont think its a coincidence that no one is being paid and this company was founded by convicted bank fraud felon Jim Brennan. I cant believe all the scams this guy has been involved in. It looks like all of us and a bunch of charities were taken by a well designed con.

I am also a member of OP4G and have been a member since the middle of October. I have about $8.00 in my account and have never recieved any payment from them. I was looking around the site to try to find something that says what the minimum payout is but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know, do you have to have so much sitting in your account before they cut you a check? I did read one of the reports at rip off report and there is an email address for the president. I know you all said you've been sending emails and you might have been using this email address but I figure I'd post it just in case. It's [email protected]. Maybe that will get someone somewhere. I haven't sent any emails yet because I haven't been able to find out what the minimum cash out is. I might send one anyway since it seems like they don't like to pay.

RavenIris6,

Good luck getting a payment out of this company. There are multiple complaints on multiple sites about op4g not paying any of their members. They claim to send checks every single month regardless of account balance, but that clearly is not the case. They keep changing their payment terms with zero notice to any members. I just hope the charities they are working with are being treated better than we are.

Well, I sent an email to the president and got no reply. I can't say I'm surprised. I guess I will have to send another one. I wish they would stop screwing with people and actually pay us for what we've done. I hate that they seem to be a crooked company because I love that they "supposedly" donate to charity in our name. I wonder if they are paying the charities though. I googled online and there are no complaints from the charities, only seems like complaints from the survey takers. If I'm not going to get paid by them for taking the surveys, my thought is that I might as well just donate a full 100% to the charity. At least someone would be getting paid. I haven't actually made that step though. I'm still hoping that they get their poop together and actually start paying. I still live in the land of hope and fairies, sunshine and rainbows lol! The hope is slowly fading, though. It's fading, fading, fading away...... I want my money OP4G! Pay me, you $%#@%$$. And all the panelists know what I was trying to say there, right???? :twisted:

Hi all Happy Holidays (but remember what the season is REALLY about) OK sometimes my mind gets stuck on stupid so what site is OP4G :roll:

Hi everyone! I would really love to know the answer as well. Which company is OP4G.....sounds like the rest of us really should steer clear of it. Sorry for all the trouble everyone is having. So frustrating to have to deal with this kind of crap. :(

It's OP4G.com. The premise of the site is that when you sign up, a portion of your earning will go to a charity out of their list of charity choices. There are a bunch of charities that they have listed and you can decide if you want to donate 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of your earnings to your chosen charity. The only problem seems to be that they don't want to pay the panelists for the surveys that they've filled out. There is no way to request your earnings with this company. They are supposed to send a check once a month for whatever happens to be in your account. They just never send a check to anyone. I don't know what their deal is. I am tired of filling out their surveys and not getting any kind of payment from them. They are awful about payments to panelists. I wouldn't recommend anyone join them the way they are right now. I would only change my mind if they started sending out payments on a regular basis and that doesn't seem to be happening. I would recommend that everyone avoid them like the plague.

It's OP4G.com. The premise of the site is that when you sign up, a portion of your earning will go to a charity out of their list of charity choices. There are a bunch of charities that they have listed and you can decide if you want to donate 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of your earnings to your chosen charity. The only problem seems to be that they don't want to pay the panelists for the surveys that they've filled out. There is no way to request your earnings with this company. They are supposed to send a check once a month for whatever happens to be in your account. They just never send a check to anyone. I don't know what their deal is. I am tired of filling out their surveys and not getting any kind of payment from them. They are awful about payments to panelists. I wouldn't recommend anyone join them the way they are right now. I would only change my mind if they started sending out payments on a regular basis and that doesn't seem to be happening. I would recommend that everyone avoid them like the plague.

Thank You sooo much for the tip. I'm really tired of having to type and type to these sites for payment. That time should bed spent doing other surveys!!! If you added up the time you have spent typing over and over to them for payment you could have had maybe 3-4 more surveys under your belt but NNNOOO. I got to take survey time out to ask repeatedly for payment. I bet they don't have to ask there boss over and over for their pay at the end of the week. They wouldn't have anybody working for them!! BUT O I SEE THEY CAN DO IT TO US. What a shame. :(

Hello. I am president of Op4G, as some of you will know by my postings in other threads here.

Let me address the general issues.

1. All Non-Profits aligned with Op4G have been fully paid the money their supporters have earned on their behalf. In fact, the latest payments were sent to them last week - tens of thousands of dollars.

2. We are on the verge of closing 2011 by paying our Members the funds they have earned by participating in surveys. Our last payments to Members were sent in October, later than scheduled because of problems with our processing software. That resulted in our creating thousands of individual payments manually -- which took a long time. We believe that problem is solved.

3. With our October mailing of checks, more than 400 were returned to us because Members had moved and not updated their addresses in their profiles. We emailed every one of them and updated nearly half. Unfortunately, that means we still do not have updated addresses for the other half. If that includes you, please email [email protected] with an update so we can forward your check.

4. We are a vibrant, viable young company that over the past year has provided hundreds of thousands of dollars in new funds to support our Non-Profit partners. We don't claim to be perfect, but we certainly are working toward that goal. And we will continue to provide our Members a new way to earn extra cash while also contributing to organizations and causes important to them.

5. My email address is [email protected]. I respond to every email I receive. I do not know why I haven't received communications posters here have sent, but I am always available at that address.

I hope this helps address rumors and mysteries. If not, my address is easy: [email protected]

Thanks.

Karl Swanson

President, Op4G

Well, let me be the first to say, thanks to Karl for the reply. It's nice that he personally comes here to read the forums and address our posts. Now allow me to retort to Karl's message.

1. I'm glad that the non-profits have gotten what was owed to them. It's nice that the money is going to charities and helping out people that really need it. I'm glad that they are getting paid on a regular basis.

2. I would like to know how you can be on the verge of closing out 2011 when nobody was paid for their surveys during that time. I've only been a member since about October so I don't have very much in my account but I've never received anything from OP4G. Not one check for anything in the month of October, November, or December. Now 3 months is kinda a long time to not pay a panelist, especially when you are supposed to pay once a month.

3. I'm sure that people do forget to update their information. I'm not one of them however, because I only joined in October. I sure didn't move in the month of October, November or December. I'm still living at the exact same place that I was when I signed up to be a member of OP4G. Just didn't get anything from them.

4. I understand that the company is still young and probably is still working out some "growing pains". That is not the issue that we have. The issue that we have is that no one seems to be getting paid, except for the nonprofits, for the time that we are putting into taking your surveys. We don't expect perfection. What we expect is answers to e-mails when we send them, an eventual payment for the work that we've done and oh, yeah, a tiny modicum of respect for the amount of time that we put into taking your surveys. I don't think those things are too much to ask. And at the risk of sounding dumb, in this day and age, wouldn't it be cheaper, faster and much better customer service oriented to think about paying panelists through a service like pay pal. You wouldn't have to pay postage and panelists would be happy because pay pal posts rather quickly.

5. I sent an email to you through my main email service which is comcast and never got any type of reply. I know that things happen and emails don't always go through,but it seems kind of odd that you didn't get my email but all other emails that I send are delivered to their intended recipients. I only speak for myself here, but I am tired of hearing phrases like "we didn't get your email" (though all your other emails sent from the same address were received we didn't get yours), "the check is in the mail" (and we all know that pesky US postal service takes 6 months to deliver an envelope), "we'll check into that problem" (between now and half past never gonna happen), and "sorry you had technical difficulties but there's nothing we can do"(oh, but please keep taking our surveys and giving us your time for free.)"

Sorry for the snark, but it's very frustrating for us when we try to give honest, insightful answers, and don't get the measly little amount of money that these surveys are supposed to pay us. I'm sure you collect your paycheck, Mr Swanson. How would you like it if the company came to you and told you your paycheck was in the mail, but that you should keep working and three months later, you still didn't have your money? I want to make this work out. I want to take surveys and bring in some extra money. That's why I do this. I'm a stay at home mom so this is my only source of income. Thank goodness my husband is working because at the rate I'm going to collect my money through this company, I wouldn't be able to pay anything.

Now, having said all that....I really like the surveys through OP4G. They are very interesting and I want to remain a member of this panel. I really hope that this gets straightened out because I want to remain a member of this panel. I won't though if I keep getting taken advantage of by OP4G. And that's how I feel. I feel used, abused and taken advantage of by this company. So in conclusion, Mr. Swanson, please, please, please get these issues straightened out and make this panel a success. This panel could be a great panel if panelists get paid. This panel would be great if panelists get paid.

RavenIris6 (and others):

First, I misspoke: checks were sent in late October to cover earnings prior to the end of June. Payments earned in July, August, September will be paid in the next week. As to payment schedule, we alerted our Members during the summer that we were moving away from the monthly payments for two reasons: First, our clients are slow paying in this economy and it allows us to balance our receivables with payments. Second, we are charged roughly 60 cents per check for processing. That led to our effort to reduce the payment costs by going to what is roughly a quarterly schedule. We'll re-communicate that so people are on schedule.

Yes, we are exploring Pay Pal as a more convenient, cost-effective payment tool. However, they too have costs associated with it.

Believe me, I share your frustrations. Our challenges are not yours, yet you are affected by them. We are very aware of that.

Karl Swanson

President, Op4G

Mr. Swanson,

We appreciate you coming here and responding to the many negative posts about Op4G. However, everything you say seems to be nothing more than a crock of s**t to buy more time. Looking back at all your replies you indicate in every single one that checks are going out to members or have already been sent out. This is obviously not the case and there have been zero people commenting saying they have had a good experience with Op4G and are being paid by Op4G...zero. I have been a member for over a year now and I received 1 check and that was last summer...not this past summer that just ended, I'm talking about the summer of 2010. Here we are 2 weeks from 2012 and I have not received what is owed to me.

My only advice to all other Op4G members is to continue taking the Op4G surveys and just wait for the class action suit that will inevitably come of this. There are just far too many negative comments about Op4G to have any trust whatsoever. :evil:

Surveyguy:

Please send me an email at [email protected] so we can discuss your account.

If you have participated in surveys prior to June, you should have been paid. Though there is no way you were paid for surveys completed last summer (2010). We only began launching paid surveys in December of 2010.

Karl Swanson

President, Op4G