2 part surveys

marneyisles

I have been bombarded by invites for these 2 part surveys. Get a dollar for 30 min. if you are invited back then a couple of dollars for ten minutes. It seems like so many companies are sending these out! They say something about coupons and you choose which products you want to pick , watch commercials and videos then repeat.

Anyone else completely sick of them?

I am. I've only gotten the second part once and I usually try to DQ out of these surveys for this reason. I doubt anyone gets the products, either, as I did google once when I was bored and never saw anyone claim they won anything off of them. In fact, it was usually complaints about not getting products.

yeah those and the ones that want you to keep selecting products for prizes do a survey go reselect prize. run thru a bunch of ads and stuff that has nothing to do with the survey finish survey. started closing them out now. surveyhead is the worst for having these.

yeah those and the ones that want you to keep selecting products for prizes do a survey go reselect prize. run thru a bunch of ads and stuff that has nothing to do with the survey finish survey. started closing them out now. surveyhead is the worst for having these.

I beg to differ i-say has that one sent to 2 sometimes 3 X a day. :roll: for months now :x

I have done those a few times through different sites. I find that choosing products is a total waste of time, I never have any problem getting paid off those surveys. That being said its like every other sweep offer when you chance is 100000 who knows if they ever pay.

I find that they do pay and a lot of times for the time it takes its ok for rewards

Just remember I am weird lol

I have done those a few times through different sites. I find that choosing products is a total waste of time, I never have any problem getting paid off those surveys. That being said its like every other sweep offer when you chance is 100000 who knows if they ever pay.

I find that they do pay and a lot of times for the time it takes its ok for rewards

If your weird then I am too :) I don't mind those surveys were to pick products (twice) it is a simple and quick survey and I know how/what it is to do it. The ones I don't like are the ones that are in 2 parts. The first one is 39 minutes long and they show you a bunch ads and a movie trailer, and you have to answer what ads you saw,and the second part is were you have to remember a few things about the movie trailer :shock: what you saw the day before and that part is about 10 minutes long. Those I can't stand to do. and it is what :roll: i-say sends me 2-3 x a day, I delete them all the time. Those kind I don't know, kinda make me nervous trying to remember what your seeing as the road FLY past with all the products zipping by. I try to write down as much/fast as I can as it goes past, but then I can't read what I wrote when it come time to answer the questions. :x Makes me wish I took short hand in high school. :roll: lol

If your weird then I am too :) I don't mind those surveys were to pick products (twice) it is a simple and quick survey and I know how/what it is to do it. The ones I don't like are the ones that are in 2 parts. The first one is 39 minutes long and they show you a bunch ads and a movie trailer, and you have to answer what ads you saw,and the second part is were you have to remember a few things about the movie trailer :shock: what you saw the day before and that part is about 10 minutes long. Those I can't stand to do. and it is what :roll: i-say sends me 2-3 x a day, I delete them all the time. Those kind I don't know, kinda make me nervous trying to remember what your seeing as the road FLY past with all the products zipping by. I try to write down as much/fast as I can as it goes past, but then I can't read what I wrote when it come time to answer the questions. :x Makes me wish I took short hand in high school. :roll: lol

I get those surveys from i-say a lot too. You don't have to write down what you see though; it's not a test :D. I imagine they just want to know what you remember to get an idea how much people remember so they know what advertising works and what doesn't. In fact you really shouldn't write it down since no one writes down advertising when they are watching t.v./reading magazines/browsing the web, etc so it's not an accurate representation of what actually stuck with you.

I really like those surveys. What I don't like though is that they send me them over and over again both through i-say and on different sites. For a while I just deleted them because I thought I'd already taken it but it turns out there were different movie trailers/ads. I emailed i-say about it and they said to take it again. I guess the format is the same but the ads/movie trailer is different. A bit confusing, but I do like them.

It's good to know I'm not alone thanks all for replying. I guess what irks me is you spend 30 minutes for $1 then if your lucky you get called back to do the rest and get the bigger pay off. If they paid the higher amount for the first part then then $1 for the second I would not feel used. I used to merely dread them till I took a couple and was not invited back for the 2nd part. Two hours for $2 not ever again! i-say and now Opinion Outpost are flooding my mailbox with these. I opted out from OX surveys with OO and I really wish the same option existed for these!

The surveys are to test which adverts are effective, we all know this, just pay us appropriately and proportionately for the first 30 minutes. They may find more people will take the surveys.

Well, thanks for letting me vent!

It's good to know I'm not alone thanks all for replying. I guess what irks me is you spend 30 minutes for $1 then if your lucky you get called back to do the rest and get the bigger pay off. If they paid the higher amount for the first part then then $1 for the second I would not feel used. I used to merely dread them till I took a couple and was not invited back for the 2nd part. Two hours for $2 not ever again! I-say and now Opinion Outpost are flooding my mailbox with these. I opted out from OX surveys with OO and I really wish the same option existed for these!

The surveys are to test which adverts are effective, we all know this, just pay us appropriately and proportionately for the first 30 minutes. They may find more people will take the surveys.

Well, thanks for letting me vent!

I agree. I wish they would pay us fairly for all surveys; including these two parters. I also agree that they should pay appropriately for the first part of the survey as it's not the survey takers fault that they didn't get invited to the second part and you still put in the time for the first half.

It's a scam-How many times do you need to get screwed by these surveys to realize it's the old batch and switch?If no one did these surveys anymore then they wouldn't be able to get over on us.Wake up and smell the roses.They are the worst of the worst.

It's a scam-How many times do you need to get screwed by these surveys to realize it's the old batch and switch?If no one did these surveys anymore then they wouldn't be able to get over on us.Wake up and smell the roses.They are the worst of the worst.

It is not a scam nor is it a "bait and switch" scenario. They clearly tell you the reward for the first part and tell you that you MAY be selected for the second part. The ones that have told me that I will be selected sent me a follow-up email telling me the second part was cancelled. None of that is a scam. Does it suck when you don't get the second part? Yes. But just because something isn't a good experience does not mean it is a scam.

It is not a scam nor is it a "bait and switch" scenario. They clearly tell you the reward for the first part and tell you that you MAY be selected for the second part. The ones that have told me that I will be selected sent me a follow-up email telling me the second part was cancelled. None of that is a scam. Does it suck when you don't get the second part? Yes. But just because something isn't a good experience does not mean it is a scam.

I completely agree and was thinking the same thing. I have completed the second part of the survey before (and received the points) and I have also not been asked to complete the second part (I got the follow-up saying it was cancelled as well) so I've had both experiences. It's not a scam, at least not the one's I've participated in which I believe is what we're all talking about.

I think we need to be careful in here with calling things "scams" or leveling accusations. I definitely understand being frustrated but calling something a scam when it's not or leveling an accusation unnecessarily just lessens our credibility as survey takers and puts misinformation out there. Like idylatoo said, just because you didn't have a good experience doesn't make something a scam. It's irritating not to get the second part but they were up front and honest about the compensation and that you may or may not be asked to complete the second part. If you don't like the survey or think that it's unlikely that you will be asked to do the second part then by all means don't do it but it's still not a scam.

So this was your first response to the question idylatoo

I am. I've only gotten the second part once and I usually try to DQ out of these surveys for this reason. I doubt anyone gets the products, either, as I did google once when I was bored and never saw anyone claim they won anything off of them. In fact, it was usually complaints about not getting products.

So if no one gets the products then what do you call this?I only went off on them in response to what you and others have said.So if you do not receive the products then this in turn to me says scam.So you should be careful in what you say because they may (like I did)misinterpret what you are trying to say!

I completely agree and was thinking the same thing. I have completed the second part of the survey before (and received the points) and I have also not been asked to complete the second part (I got the follow-up saying it was cancelled as well) so I've had both experiences. It's not a scam, at least not the one's I've participated in which I believe is what we're all talking about.

I think we need to be careful in here with calling things "scams" or leveling accusations. I definitely understand being frustrated but calling something a scam when it's not or leveling an accusation unnecessarily just lessens our credibility as survey takers and puts misinformation out there. Like idylatoo said, just because you didn't have a good experience doesn't make something a scam. It's irritating not to get the second part but they were up front and honest about the compensation and that you may or may not be asked to complete the second part. If you don't like the survey or think that it's unlikely that you will be asked to do the second part then by all means don't do it but it's still not a scam.

Believe me I don't do these surveys as I have better things to do with my time.