Thinking about Dropping My Survey.

TSP1973

I was originally with Light Speed and very rarely have any trouble with them. But they sold out to My Survey and ever since then there surevys keep getting cheaper and cheaper. Light Speed us to give me like $2.00 dollars when I tested a product. Every time I test a product for My Survey I get like 50 points which is like 30 cents or something like that. They use to give you at least 5 points if you didn't qualify but have gotten ride of that with an entrance to a Ripoff sweeps contest. A lot of there 30 minute surveys that have you watch commercials have gotten bad also, like one I did the other day it gave me like 75 points. So I only have like 100 points on my account and I am seriously consider dropping them!

Does anyone else have the same feeling as I do about My Survey?

I have been saying for a while that the pay has gotten bad and said that we deserved to be paid minimum wage and everyone in turn said that I was asking for to much.I was also told that each of us had a threshold that we thought was fair and we would know when we had enough and then we would stop doing them when it got to bad.

So what I think has happened is that the survey companies have come here read what we wrote and decided that most of us thought getting paid squat for surveys was okay.I know for a fact that Toluna,OP4G, Surveyhead have come here and read what we have said because they have left comments.So if they come here how many others have ?It's just that they haven't left a post but I bet your bottom dollar a lot more come here then you think.While I know there aren't that many people who post here there is enough for them to get an idea of what most survey takers think.Plus with the turn of the economy and so many fools out there willing to work for nothing why not offer what they do?

Only until people stop doing the low paying surveys will they in turn pay a decent wage,so in a round about way we have let them do this to us.

They are all pretty much going to crap, except for Pine Cone. I loved Opinion Outpost; as far as I'm concerned, they are gone. My Survey as well. They weren't bad, now they pretty much suck. Opinion Place is okay, but I got tired of wasting time answering the same qualifying questions every day for nothing. This is seriously becoming a losing battle.

My "threshold" is simple: surveys for sweeps only - DELETE. 10 minute surveys - minimum of $1 (or equivalent), 20 min = $2, etc.

My Survey has been sending a boatload for 50 points (36 cents) for 20 minutes. These get dumped. Too bad I have to waste my time going to their site to find out what the points are and what the time is.

OO are doing 30 minutes for a buck. DELETE!

Ipsos 90 cents for 30 minutes - DELETE!

So, if the companies are coming here to read, let it be known, I WILL NOT BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF. You want honest, intelligent responses to your surveys, you had better pay. If not, then you will be selling bogus information to the companies that are contracting with you. Do you truly believe that the yumps who will do a survey for free are what these companies are looking for?

I have 2120 points and i still can't get much of anything for it. I have been accruing those points for months and months. So as soon as I can get enough to get a nice gift card, I am out of there. They quit giving the 5 points and only do that now and then. Now they give a sweeps entry. Once again, I think that it is the survey companies going south.

I was originally with Light Speed and very rarely have any trouble with them. But they sold out to My Survey and ever since then there surevys keep getting cheaper and cheaper. Light Speed us to give me like $2.00 dollars when I tested a product. Every time I test a product for My Survey I get like 50 points which is like 30 cents or something like that. They use to give you at least 5 points if you didn't qualify but have gotten ride of that with an entrance to a Ripoff sweeps contest. A lot of there 30 minute surveys that have you watch commercials have gotten bad also, like one I did the other day it gave me like 75 points. So I only have like 100 points on my account and I am seriously consider dropping them!

Does anyone else have the same feeling as I do about My Survey?

im there with you on this one

NEW TO THIS SITE I AGREE THAT IT IS GETTING HARDER TO QUALIFY FOR MY SURVEY.I FELT LIKE I WAS AT LEAST GETTING 5 POINTS WHEN I DQ BUT I FEEL LIKE A LOT OF THE SURVEY SITES THAT I BELONG TO AS SOON AS I GET CLOSE TO SOME SORT OF CASH OUT I WILL NOT GET AS MANY SURVEYS FROM THEM.I ENJOY DOING THEM AND ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I WILL KEEP TRYING AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS TO THE BEST AS I CAN

@Footfree, After reading your reply to my post I really gave it some thought and you are right. Time we send a message to these cheap survey company's! Thank You!

Why is it that Pinecone can give you $3 for doing about a 20 minute survey, but the rest can barely give you a $1 for a 30 minute survey? I did a survey a about a month ago with Pinecone and got $3.00 for it. Then they ask me to test out the product, which I did. I tested it out over the next few weeks. I got a total of 3 more surveys for that product, each survey was $3.00 a peace for a total of $12 for the whole thing. I only spent about 15-20 minutes per survey! Then they sent me a box with prepaid postage to mail it back and will be compinsated for mailing if back! I highly doubt ANY Cheap survey company would dare answer that question! :lol:

I went to my survey and unsubscribe today. They ask me a few questions as to why I was leaving. I basically compared their company's to the one like Pinecone and told them they were just cheap. I doubt they will really care.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been seriously thinking about dropping mysurvey as well.... they used to be my "second" favorite, after Pine Cone, but I agree with all of the above - they are going down hill fast. I wrote to them when they dropped the 5 point incentive to try to qualify, and told them more or less that they were dropping fast in my estimation... got a form letter back thanking me for my input! I am really sad about this - they used to be a great company.

Since Consumer Voice is closing down, they are supposed to roll my points over to mysurvey. I hope so because I will finally hav eenough to get something out of them. Not sure if I will stay though because I am not getting any surveys from them, none that really pay anyway.

The last couple of surveys I have received were for 20 points two weeks ago I was receiving 50 point surveys.i don't think I would even bother with them but I'm trying to get enough to cash out. :(

Mysurvey: 20 cents, SSI: 50 cents, Toluna 50 cents, Ipsos i-Say- 45 cents, Synnovate: 60 cents average, Mindfield: from 30 surveys you take, you can only qualify 1 of $1. Gas prices have hit a national average of $3.61 a gallon. You need to do approximately 7 surveys to pay for a gallon of gas, each survey is 25 minutes. A total of 3 hours of constantly surveys without any disqualified: $1.17/hour

Mysurvey: 20 cents, SSI: 50 cents, Toluna 50 cents, Ipsos i-Say- 45 cents, Synnovate: 60 cents average, Mindfield: from 30 surveys you take, you can only qualify 1 of $1. Gas prices have hit a national average of $3.61 a gallon. You need to do approximately 7 surveys to pay for a gallon of gas, each survey is 25 minutes. A total of 3 hours of constantly surveys without any disqualified: $1.17/hour

Thanks for the break down-I would rather clean my closet,give my dog a bath and or mow the lawn at least this way I know I have done something productive with my time.Why make them millionaires especially if they are not willing to spread the wealth? My time is worth more to me then that-take pride in your work and ask or better yet demand a fair wage!I personally am better then the way they treat me!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the break down-I would rather clean my closet,give my dog a bath and or mow the lawn at least this way I know I have done something productive with my time.Why make them millionaires especially if they are not willing to spread the wealth? My time is worth more to me then that-take pride in your work and ask or better yet demand a fair wage!I personally am better then the way they treat me!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree with you more. They are worse than ever. OTX (Opinionshere) has infected most of these sites. If you include time spent on disqualified surveys the reward is even less. For example, I need $1 from Mindfield, have disqualified from about 30 surveys (time spent 150 minutes) waiting for the one $1 survey to cashout, also extremely frustrating to reach cashout when they are offering sweeps. If I ever reach cashout I am out of these surveys. If you unsubscribe before cashout they have your work for free. If you unsubscribe they should pay you for your accumulated points. As it is now they have nothing to lose. The only ones I will have left are the few that pay for each survey because I don't have to wait forever to reach cashout but these are also paying less. FGI previously $1 now 50 cents and worthless sweeps. Pinecone of course, the best although previously $5 now $3, and Pinecone seems to be the only one aware of my profile. The others have you resubmit your profile info because they don't bother keeping a record. Profiles are free surveys for them. P.S. Am receiving Pinecone surveys from OO for $1.50 which I do not do. I would rather wait for Pinecone.

mysurvey- most surveys are now 50 points for 20 minutes -I don't know the exact breakdown, however I do know it's not even worth .50 cents.Plus with the take over of GTM lord knows what they'll do to that site?